Disappointing Receiver

May 11, 2007

Pros:The radio looks impressive on the outside,

Cons:Many- poor signal, buttons too small,more.

The Bottom Line: Don't buy this radio!

I followed the recommended installation procedures and paid the extra bucks to have this receiver hardwired into my car stereo- expecting great things. This installation was done by Circuit City Professionals. They assured me- as did the articles on the Roady XT- that this little radio would provide clear signals and reliable service. WRONG! The receiver is a piece of crap- weak signal that constantly fades in and out and the sound is very AM Radio - circa 1973. It also greatly interferes with your normal FM Stations, especially those that aren't the 100,000 Watt Commercial Channels provided by Clear Channel Communications. College Stations and Public Radio is just about knocked out by the modulator required to work XM Radio. I had the wiring re-checked to make sure all was connected correctly and I'm told that's the best sound I can get from this Roady XT. I would never recommend this to anyone who wants quality radio sound with a consistent clear signal. In hindsight, if someone wanted to get satellite radio, I would recommend that they buy a car stereo kit for about $500 and wire it directly into the car stereo instead of an attachment such as Roady XT.