All About Me!!!

Dec 27, 2003 (Updated Feb 14, 2006)

The Bottom Line What can I say? It's all about me...

My first write-off!

As many of you probably already know (and for those of you who don't...), The Getting To Know You Write-Off is hosted by Epinionator Sarahlovesadam --- at first I thought her username was Russian ;) !!!

Here we go... I hope I don't offend anyone - no offense is meant by any of the answers to any of these queries... I just try to be a nice, fun guy!

THE Questions...

Birth date: April 15, 1977

Height: 6 whole feet high over here

Eye color: baby blue

Hair color: dirty blonde (sounds hot eh?)

What does your name mean: Well to give you the definition of my real name, Steve, I can quote some movie I saw: "I'm the KING of the world!" If you are wondering about my Epinions username, firstcontact21, the name comes from my first e-mail address, which I created back when I was 20 and about to turn 21 - right around the time that Star Trek: First Contact came out in theatres.

High school graduation year: 1995 (uggghhh... feels like yesterday - yet so, so long ago)

Favorite relatives: my rents

Summer memory: I don't think I can talk about that here...

Favorite TV shows: Star Trek, Law & Order, The Original Muppet Show, Right-On (a political commentary discussion show in BC hosted by Pia Shandell with Norman Spector on the right and Moe Sihota on the left)

What's on your mousepad: I've got one of those laser mouses where you don't need a mousepad. But, when I did have mousepads @ home I had originally The Tazmanian Devil followed by a Coca-Cola Bullseye pad. At the student union where I used to work I had a normal mouse and the pad I used was one for the United Way, which I got one year when our student union worked on a campaign to raise funds for the organization. In fact, I still have the Coke and the United Way pads downstairs in a box of stuff I've kept.

In the car... ac or windows: Mainly the AC, but our new car has a sun roof so I like opening it -- and the new Nissan Maximas are so aerodynamic that you don't even really feel the rush of the wind in the front when it's open and you're breezing along...

Do you believe in yourself: Saralovesadam's response was perfect: "I guess..."

Favorite game: I don't really have one, but "Twister!!" is fun... and the theme song is catchy.

Favorite drink: Used to be Coca-Cola but now it's water, and an occasional Vodka with 7-Up!

Favorite food: Lasagna, Pizza, some Chinese

Favorite colors: blue

Favorite cigarettes: I've smoked DuMaurier Kings in the past (an ex smoked them which basically meant I smoked them too, if you get my "drift" and a few times I did puff a few of them on my own) and I have had a bit of the good ol' fashioned home grown stuff, if you catch my "drift" on that one too... unlike Clinton, I did inhale (and I hope it never comes back to haunt me!)...

Favorite sounds: good music, the sound of a beautiful sunny day alone in the woods

Favorite smell: the smell of my friend actually, she can smell so nice!! And I'm not trying to sound like a freak either! Hot soup also smells good...

Favorite thing to do on a weekend: Again, Sarhalovesadam's response was perfect: "relax"

Favorite soundtrack: Hmmm... the music by John Williams is always really amazing to listen to.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Hopefully working in the film industry, and possibly married with a kid or two on the way.

First thought in the morning: I dunno really, it depends on how I feel.

Do you get motion sickness: Only if I sit in the back.

Rollercoasters... deadly or exciting: Again, deadly only if I sit in the back!

How many rings before you answer the phone: Depends on who is calling (gotta love call display and call messaging)

Are you a good friend: I hope so!

Chocolate or Vanilla cake: Depends on my mood. Chocolate cake with Vanilla Ice Cream is always great!

What do you drive: Used to drive a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder... now drive a 2004 Nissan Maxima. I don't mind public transit either, it's less stressful sometimes - especially during rush hour.

Do you sleep with a stuffed animal: Used to. I have stuffed animals in my room though, on the tops of my bookcases.

Thunderstorms... cool or scary: Can be scary and cool at the same time. I wonder what it was like to be a cave man - I can definitely see how people used to think the Gods were angry when storms hit!

If you could meet one person in the World, who would it be: Just to be able to go back in time and watch Alfred Hitchcock at work on a movie set. Or stay in the now and watch Spielberg or Stone at work on their sets.

What is your zodiac sign: To throw the Chinese New Year Stuff into it... I'm an aries-snake.

What do you wear to bed: Sometimes, nothing.

Do you eat stems of broccoli: gimme that broccoli and dip!

Guys... If a girl ever asked you for the shirt on your back, would you give it to her? you bet... and depending on the weather she might not have to ask!

Girls... Would you ever ask a guy for his shirt? I must say, I've never really been in that situation.

If you could have any occupation when you get older, what would it be: Part of me wants to use Saralovesadam's response: "wife of a rich guy..." but then I can also quickly say "j/k..." like she did and simply respond I hope I can make a living making good movies for the rest of my life.

If you could dye your hair one color, what would it be: I recently died it black, and I have no plans to die again anytime soon.

If you could have a tattoo, what and where would it be: Ok, this may sound SUPER-GAY (not that there's anything wrong with that), but I think everyone should have a little heart tattoo on their but, just like the care-bears have.

Favorite brand of gum: Don't really have one.

What is your favorite quote: Don't really have one anymore.

Have you ever been in love: I never stopped, even though some relationships haven't worked in the past, there will always be a place in my heart for those who have been in my life =)

What's on your walls in your room: A metal Coca-Cola bullseye above my door, two laminated posters of 1948 New York and another of modern day New York (with the WTC still standing), a Batman clock, my Marketing Management diploma from Kwantlen University College and a framed picture of the WTC standing, taken from the water, with a seagull flying by - eerily enough, the gull almost looks like a plane =( I'm supposed to be getting some kind of drapes for my room and once they are up, I'll have more photographs and artwork that I've done hung up.

Is the glass half-empty or half-full: Depends on my mood.

Which do you prefer... Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese Doritos: Neither, I prefer plain please. I know, it's boring. But did you ever wonder - what if you died and found out that your maker was Frito Lay?

Favorite flavor Snapple: I don't care for Snapple. I like lemon flavored Nestea.

Which one, Coke or Pepsi: From some of the answers I've given above... do you even have to ask?

Which kind of milk is your favorite: Soy

If you were to kill someone, which method would you use? Depends on the situation, the reason I have to kill and what kind of mood I was in.

Are you a righty, lefty, or ambidextrous: Ambidextrous.

Do you type with your fingers on the right keys: say wha? I can type really fast, often at the speed of someone talking which is great for dictation and taking really detailed notes in my classes - usually, I can get all the stuff off the overhead, plus what the teacher says. It's a great way to pay attention and stay awake!

When you meet a person of the opposite sex, you notice
their:
eyes, and more...

What's under your bed: the floor

What's the best number in the World: 7 (and not just because it rhymes with 11)

What is your dream car: My neighbour (who owns several auto dealerships in the Lower Mainland of BC, Canada) brought home this amazing powerful looking car one day.. the all new, 2004 Nissan Pathfinder Armada - WOW!

Who is your biggest crush right now: I'm really attracted to one girl, who is my best friend, and if it could be more - I'd be the luckiest guy in the world. But sigh, she doesn't like me that way =(

Nickname: Nothing specific... just don't call me late for dinner.

School: I've studied marketing management at Kwantlen University College and I've almost completed an Associate of Arts from Kwantlen with concentrations in English and Political Science. I've applied now to enter the Bachelor of Business Administration program at Kwantlen and plan to focus on entrepreneurial and leadership studies.

Bacon Bits Or croutons: bacon bits are cool!

Favorite Salad Dressing: Thousand Island

Do you Drink: Bring on the hard liquor! I love Smirnoff blue which is 50% and I don't mind doing the 151... best part is I've never really gotten a hangover!

What type of Shampoo/Conditioner: Pears by Suave

Have you ever been skinny dipping: maybe.. man this survey is long!

Do you make fun of people: sometimes, although I'm trying more lately to talk about people as if they were standing right there in front of me... I also believe in always telling the truth, because then you don't have to remember what you said

Have you ever been convicted of a crime: Not that I know of...

One pillow or two: Two, one for my head, the other to snuggle up with

Pets: One dog, one canary.

Favorite Movies: So many, god so many... it's a tie between Rear Window and Vertigo. See my listing of Steve Lee's Top 13 Favorite Films of All Time! for more detail...

Favorite type of music: I enjoy almost anything, even rap and classical!

Hobbies: Hanging with friends, watching good movies, sleeping, writing, reading, working

Word or Phrase you overuse: "kewl" or "cool" or variations thereof

Toothpaste: Colgate Raw Smokey Bacon hahaha j/k... Colgate Minty Fresh Confidence!

Piercing or tattoos: Neither.. I wouldn't mind getting a nipple pierced, or at the very least, one of my two ears (that's right - I have two ears! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!??!?)... MAYBE get a Prince Albert (j/k... but God, don't you feel sorry for Prince Albert??? who would want to be named after that?!?!)

Do you get along with your parents: Again, like any good policy drafter, I'll steal an answer: "most of the time"

Favorite beer: Sleeman Honey Browns

Favorite song at the moment: Mr. Timberlake sounds pretty cool right now.

Most humiliating moment: everyday, and every time I get out of bed (j/k)

Favorite Holiday: I never really thought about it that way before...

THE End...

Wow... it's over... it felt anti-climatic to me though really... but I sincerely hope you enjoyed it!!!

Feel free to get to know some other fine people at Epinions by visiting Sarahlovesadam's Getting To Know You Write Off page. What can I say... get off by writing off today!

And if you really must know more about me, feel free to visit the "all about me" section of my website: http://www.steveleenow.net/

Grade for my life so far: B (I could be doing more... I could be doing less... I could be doing better... I could be doing worse...)

(Here's a cute article about Write Offs!)

Read More About Me...

Steve's responses to his: DO YOU KNOW CANADA QUIZ Write Off... (New!)

Bon-Appetite: My Entry in the Food-Lover's Write Off (New!)

What Lies Within: A Memoir (New!)

The Weight is Over: I'm going to look and feel great this year!

On my involvement in 2 Non-Profit Organizations

The Knowing Me, Knowing You Write-Off Survey

My thoughts on writing utensils...

WHICH WEATHER CAN YOU WEATHER?

1994: When I was 17...

And, if you haven't already done so, please participate in my DO YOU KNOW CANADA QUIZ write off...

Member: Steven Lee
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
About Me: Participate in my DO YOU KNOW CANADA QUIZ Write-Off!!!!