Write-Off: Getting to Know Each Other

Jan 22, 2004

The Bottom Line I look forward to "meeting" everyone!

-Birth date: May 25

-Height: 5'6"

-Eye color: Blue

-Hair color: Reddish brown

-What does your name mean: "God is gracious"

-High school graduation year: 1988

-Favorite relatives: Cousins Bonnie, Alison & Lauren, and my grandmothers

-Summer memory: Having allergies at Interlochen... not a good memory. More recently, playing at the beach with my husband, elder son, and friend and her daughter. Both my friend and I were hugely pregnant, so we looked like a Mormon family. It was really funny, and a lovely day.

-Favorite TV shows: The Simpsons, Friends, Curb Your Enthusiasm

-What's on your mousepad: My mouse, duh.

-In the car- ac or windows: Completely depends on the weather. I do like fresh air, though.

-Do you believe in yourself: This is a very 70s question. I can't answer it.

-Favorite game: To play with others? I like games like Cranium. Alone? Puzzle and card games.

-Favorite drink: Coke is the nectar of the gods, but since I'm watching my weight, I drink Diet Vanilla Coke. I also like Chai tea. For alcohol, vodka tonic with lime is good. Also flavored martinis like Cosmos, even if they're getting annoying.

-Favorite food: Cheese pizza, almost any kind of pasta, shellfish, Kraft mac 'n cheese.

-Favorite colors: Blues

-Favorite cigarettes: When I smoked it was usually Marlboro Lights, but I occasionally succumbed to girly cigs like Capris. I haven't smoked for more than 10 years, except for an occasional cigar.

-Favorite sounds: Great harmony. My kids giggling. Ocean waves. My little cat meowing as he jumps onto the bed.

-Favorite smell: Cooking with garlic. Baking stuff, especially cinnamony and vanilla things. Clean baby smell -- my kids after their baths.

-Favorite thing to do on a weekend: Mini road trips.

-Favorite soundtrack: Mambo Kings, Swingers, Truth About Cats & Dogs, Charlie's Angels (both)

-Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Who the hell knows? Hopefully I'll have not broken my kids yet, and will have better financial security.

-First thought in the morning: "Why am I still tired?"

-Do you get motion sickness: Not a ton, but just a teeny bit. I have no depth perception, so that contributes.

-Rollercoasters: Totally terrifying. I HATE falling. Also, that depth perception thing really adds to the terror.

-How many rings before you answer the phone: Depends on the Caller ID readout, and how many kids, cats, and toys I have to trip over to get to the phone.

-Are you a good friend: Yes. I want to help everyone and volunteer for everything.

-Chocolate or Vanilla cake: Swirl.

-What do you drive: 1993 Toyota Corolla. It was my sister-in-law's car. It's very trusty. I'm hoping to get a new car within a few years, and will probably opt for a mid-sized SUV. (I shlep a lot.) I'm kinda digging the Honda Element.

-Do you sleep with a stuffed animal: Big fat cat, SCSI (Scuzzy). He likes to sleep in (and occasionally drool and sneeze on) my hair. I have to wash it a LOT. Little tiny cat, GUI (Gooey) often sleeps on my legs.

-Thunderstorms cool or scary: Kind of scary, but it's nice to be inside and all cozy if there's one going on.

-If you could meet one person in the world, who would it
be: Jon Stewart, but I'd be too starry-eyed to speak to him.

-What is your zodiac sign: Gemini

-What do you wear to bed: shorts and a tee-shirt. Sorry guys... the sexy stuff is just not comfortable.

-Do you eat stems of broccoli: Yes. The stems were my favorite part when I was a kid. I still like 'em.

-Guys- If a girl ever asked you for the shirt on your back,
would you give it to her? N/A

-Girls- Doubtful. I'm only really girly when creepy crawly things are involved.

-If you could have any occupation when you get older, what
would it be: Professional volunteer -- so wealthy, I wouldn't have to work, but could spend all my time helping others and raising my kids. (With the help of a nanny, personal trainer and massage therapist.)

-If you could dye your hair one color, what would it be:
I wish I could be a blond it wouldn't flatter my skin tone. I wouldn't mind trying red someday, but I hate fake-looking hair color, so I don't stray far.

-If you could have a tattoo, what and where would it be: I'm creeped out by needles. If I were going to do something permanent, I'd probably have my boobs reduced and reshaped. And a little lipo.

-Favorite brand of gum: Trident Original.

-What is your favorite quote: "If you can’t be a good example, then you’ll just have to be a horrible warning." (Catherine Aird)

-Have you ever been in love: Yes, a few times. I'm susceptible.

-What's on your walls in your room: Our Ketubah (marriage contract), painted photographs my mom did in France, and a bracket to hold the TV up (like in hospitals). Also, probably a little dust.

-Is the glass half-empty or half-full: Depends on how much you poured, and how much you drank.

-Which do you prefer- Cool Ranch or Nacho Cheese Doritos: Tough call. I used to like these much better than I do now. Completely depends on impulse. I really love Cheetos Puffs best.

-Favorite flavor Snapple: Peach iced tea

-Which one, Coke or Pepsi: Coke, no question.

-Which kind of milk is your favorite: I always liked 2% best, but switched to skim ages ago. However, I'm pretty lactose intolerant, so I like it but can't drink it.

-If you were to kill someone, which method would you use? I wanted to strangle someone with my bare hands once. But never actually did it. I swear, it wasn't me!!!

-Are you a righty, lefty, or ambidextrous: Righty

-Do you type with your fingers on the right keys: Absolutely. They don't feel right otherwise.

-When you meet a person of the opposite sex, you notice
their: Height, hair, smile, eyes.

-What's under your bed: A few mismatched slippers, couple of boxes of junk, stray toys, and occasionally our smaller cat.

-What's the best number in the World: 8. Always liked 8.

-What is your dream car: Really luxed-up SUV. Or a convertible BMW 325i

-Who is your biggest crush right now: My youngest son (the baby)

-Nickname: JT, Jo

-School: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

-Bacon Bits Or croutons: Neither.

-Favorite Salad Dressing: Balsamic vinagrette or ranch

-Do you Drink: Sometimes. Never to excess.

-What type of Shampoo/Conditioner: Dove

-Have you ever been skinny dipping: Sure, but not recently

-Do you make fun of people: Can't you see me making faces right now?

-Have you ever been convicted of a crime: Nope

-One pillow or two: Two. I also like one between my knees. Shut up!

-Pets: Two cats. Big Fat Cat, and Teeny Tiny Tiger.

-Favorite Movies: Office Space, Princess Bride, Down With Love, Adam's Rib

-Favorite type of music: I love almost every kind of music, and my favorite depends on my mood.

-Hobbies: Reading, exercising, cooking/baking, entertaining, crafty stuff, remodeling/reorganizing, shopping, movies

-Word or Phrase you overuse: "No!" (I have two little boys, after all.)

-Toothpaste: Crest fancy schmancy. Whitening, flossing, recharging, refreshing, retreiving, etc. I like the taste.

-Piercing or tattoos: I got my ears pierced when I was six, but didn't wear earrings for so long from the time my first son was born, they closed up. One of these days I'll get up the guts to redo it. No tattoos, but I have a few scars. And a group of freckles near my belly button that look like a pawprint.

-Do you get along with your parents: Almost always.

-Favorite beer: Heineken, Killian's Red, Rolling Rock

-Favorite song at the moment: "First Cut Is The Deepest" (Sheryl Crow's cover)

-Most humiliating moment: And relive it by telling you? Hell no!

-Favorite Holiday: Thanksgiving and Halloween

Location: Chicago, IL
About Me: Married mom of two sons. I enjoy movies, music, reading, and entertaining.