WONDERFUL grill!

Jul 2, 2007

Pros:Solidly built grill that functions beautifully, has great features

Cons:Cooking surface may be small for some, works fine for us

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this grill for anyone who wants a wonderfully built grill that will last for years. It is a thing of beauty.

After another disappointing grilling experience with charcoal, my husband and I decided to look into purchasing a gas grill. After comparing several models and prices we decided to go with the Weber Spirit E-210. We are very glad we did!

For the price, one could buy another (cheaper) brand with all the "bells and whistles." But why? This has so many great features. My husband compared it to buying a Kitchen Aid mixer vs. a cheapo mixer. This is a great comparison. Besides, I don't care that it doesn't have a side burner!

To begin with, it feels completely solid. The porcelain/steel hood moves smoothly when opened and feels heavy, unlike the thin steel that many other grills feature. A nice feature is the thermometer on the center front of the hood which is great when tweaking the heat.

The starting mechanism lights easily. There are two burners in this model, one in back, and one in front (rather than left to right). A thermoplastic work surface to the left will hold your marinades, etc. The stainless steel doors underneath are great for storage. There are small condiment baskets in the front and two "warming racks" inside. The grill surface is very solid porcelainized steel.

Weber grills utilize "flavorizer" bars rather than lava rocks over the burners, which seems much easier to clean by letting the grill burn off for a while. Underneath the burners, behind the doors is a drip pan mechanism that slides out for cleaning.

There are other features to appreciate. Rather than most grills I've seen which have two wheels, forcing you to move the grill wheelbarrow-style, the Spirit has two large wheels and a set of lockable casters. This makes it so easy to maneuver.

The propane tank (which was purchased separately) is attached onto a mechanism that indicates how much fuel is left via a manual scale. Fabulous!

The actual cooking surface may be small for some families. Mostly, my husband and I are cooking for ourselves or small groups, so this is not a problem.

You will need to purchase a cover for the grill separately. Weber sells a very nice cover for this model, which fits it exactly.

I just love this grill. It may be the "entry level" Weber, but it it head and shoulders above the "others." Highly recommended!