Spic And Span Everday Spray Cleaner

ratings (3 Epinions reviews)

Spic & Span: Very Inexpensive and it Works Quite Well

Jul 21, 2007

Pros:Dirt cheap; Great scent

Cons:Packaging flaw

The Bottom Line: This is one of the best products I know about for a price this low.

Cleaning products come in many different forms and serve many different purposes. Spray cleaners are the most common and are often the most versatile. The one I buy more than any other is Spic & Span Everyday Spray Cleaner, a very inexpensive and quite effective cleaning agent.

Basic Facts About This Product:

Spic & Span Everyday Spray Cleaner is a green- colored liquid with a fresh citrus scent and a disinfectant/antibacterial formula. It is sold in most stores and is packaged in a 22 oz. clear plastic container with a trigger sprayer for dispensing.

This product can be used to clean most any washable, non- porous surface. It can be used in the bathroom or in kitchens and cleans everything from appliances to sinks, to bathtubs. There is no need to rinse with Spic & Span Everyday Spray Cleaner. You just spray, wipe, and allow to air dry.

Ingredients:

Spic & Span Everyday Cleaner is made using Octyl decyl dimethyl ammonium chloride; Dloctyl dimethyl ammonium chloride; Dldecyl dimenthyl ammonium chloride; and Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride.

Final Thoughts:

Spic & Span is a trusted name in household cleaners and it is best known for its floor cleaning products. It was these floor products that launched the brand but Spic & Span has now expanded its offerings into many areas, one of which is this basic, spray cleaner.

I began buying this product one day when I noticed it selling at the local dollar store. I admit, I was a little skeptical at first because I couldn’t understand how a product could sell for such a low price and still be effective. I knew it had the Spic & Span name- a brand normally associated with quality. But with such a low price, I wondered if this product was effective.

Well, I now know from experience that Spic & Span Everyday cleaner is, indeed, an effective cleaning agent and it has now become my spray cleaner of choice. I like having general, all- purpose spray cleaners handy and it is common to find a bottle of this in my kitchen and another in the bathroom. It can be used to clean kitchen counters, sinks, bathtubs, showers, faucets, appliances, and many other surfaces.

Besides being an effective cleaner, Spic & Span Everyday Spray Cleaner is good for another reason: The fresh scent. Citrus is one of my favorite scents and this product offers a powerful burst of citrus freshness. Also, it is manufactured with an antibacterial formula that kills household germs, reducing the chance for common illnesses.

Spic & Span Everyday Spray Cleaner doesn’t require rinsing. However, if you use this cleaner on any surface that is going to come into contact with food (which I don’t recommend doing), then you will have to rinse the surface thoroughly. Also, if your goal is disinfection, you will need to spray the surface and leave it wet for about ten minutes. If general cleaning is your primary goal, then there is no need to wait. You can spray and wipe immediately.

One annoyance with Spic & Span Everyday Spray Cleaner is the dispenser. I don’t know why the manufacturer does this, but they always seem to aim the tube (the narrow tube that feeds the liquid into the trigger sprayer) toward the back end of the bottle- the end opposite the sprayer. This means that, when the bottle is close to empty and the bottle is tilted, the tube will not be in the liquid and the liquid will stop flowing. To get it moving again, one has to unscrew the cap and turn the tube or bend it the opposite direction. This is simple enough to do, but one would think the manufacture would get this right from the beginning.

Overall, Spic & Span Everyday Spray Cleaner is a very good product and it’s tough to beat for the price. A comparable size bottle of another general, all- purpose cleaner (like Lysol) sells for two to three times the price. For a cost this low and an effectiveness level this high, Spic & Span Everyday Spray Cleaner earns an easy recommendation.