Motorola Talkabout T900 2-Way Pager (Black)

Motorola Talkabout T900 2-Way Pager (Black)

ratings (70 Epinions reviews)

Great 2-way pager

Sep 5, 2001

• Portability:
  • Battery Life:

Pros:2 way paging, screen visibility

Cons:small keyboard

The Bottom Line: I would definitely recommend the Motorola Talkabout T900 if you can take advantage of the 2-way messaging capabilities.

My company got me a T900 pager a couple of months ago so that they could keep in touch with me. My boss is located in Tempe, Arizona, and she has people working for her in Florida, Texas, Arizona, Minnesota, Utah, and California. Since we all have the same pagers, we can communicate with each other.

We use the company e-mail system for regular communications, but for higher priority messages, we use the pagers. After adding all of my co-workers' pager addresses to the address book, it is a breeze to send a message to somebody. Just select "Send Message", "Select Address", "Address Book", "Search", and start typing the letters of the name. The highlight is positioned to the 1st name that matches what you have entered. Then select the "Wireless Address" and "Write Message".

Now comes the fun part. Writing the message. If you have big fingers, you may have a problem typing a message using the small keyboard. The keyboard is set up as a regular QWERTY-type keyboard (at least for the alphabetical keys). The numbers are positioned on the top row of letters and are accessed by pressing the number key. This key also gives you access to the punctuation marks that are positioned on the other 2 rows of letters.

After you have your message composed, you hit "ENTER" to send it.

The visibility for the unit is great in all types of lighting conditions. In bright light, the contrast is excellent. And in low light conditions, there is a back light that is 1 of the best that I have ever seen.

I like my pager so much, that I've been thinking of getting 1 from my wife so that we can stay in touch.