Don't Even Think About It!

Aug 3, 2007 (Updated Aug 3, 2007)

Pros:Does a great job when it works.

Cons:Leaks like a sieve and no support from Hoover.

The Bottom Line: 6 months old, leaks like sieve, no Hoover support..AVOID IT.

This was my third, and last, Hoover carpet cleaner. I've had it for 6 months and 2 months of that has been in the "Hoover Repair Center". It's been there 4 times and each time I've gotten it home it sprung new leaks.

When it actually works, it does a great job, but it can create more of a mess than it resolves when it doesn't work.

I bought a Hoover because they always stood behind their products and were worth the extra money. They still are more expensive, but calling them is a waste of time. They recommended I drive 40 miles to another service center or return it to the place I bought it.

The Hoover repair centers are not owned by Hoover and Hoover has no control (nor care) about the level or quality of service. I've had mine to the Hoover Service facility in Urbandale Iowa 4 times with no satisfaction. All he cared about was that I didn't buy the machine there.

All in all, the only thing this machine does well is suck. It has had leaks in more places than the Titanic, it has even leaked the dirty water, creating a more concentrated mess than I originally cleaned. Now it's leaking detergent.

It's not even heavy enough to be a decent boat anchor...