Easy-Off One Step Stovetop Cleaner

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Works great on cast iron.

Sep 18, 2007 (Updated Sep 18, 2007)

Pros:It's fantastic on cast iron.

Cons:I can't find it in any of my local stores.

The Bottom Line: I would definitely recommend this for cast iron cleanup.

Several years ago we did a kitchen remodel that included installing a Wolf range with a french cooktop. Now while I was simply delighted with the way this stove performed, I was not so excited about the dark stains and rust spots that would appear on the cooktop every time it was used. It has proven to be very difficult to clean. I have tried just about every cleaner out there, but was unable to find a single product that would remove those stubborn dark stains and rust spots, especially without damaging the top. It is cast iron, and very difficult to take care of. I even tried seasoning it like a cast iron skillet. Nothing worked. Finally, I tried the Easy Off One Step Stovetop Cleaner. What a miracle cleaner, it did a fantastic job, the stains all came up with very little effort. I truly don't know how it works on glass or ceramic, but it is killer on cast iron. Absolutely no scrubbing was required. I just poured the cleaner on the top, used a brush to spread it around, let it sit for a few minutes, and the stains just wiped right up. It was truly amazing.