Mr. Clean Multi-Purpose Cleaner in Ultimate Orange

5 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

No, I didn't just have an orange.

Sep 25, 2007 (Updated Sep 25, 2007)

Pros:Smells great and cleans well.

Cons:Not as powerful as claimed.

The Bottom Line: This is a good general cleaner with a nice scent.

I have tiled floor in my kitchen and bathrooms. I can't stick to one type of cleaner so will try different types to experiment. The floors are not dirty and just plain water sometimes works but I like the different scents in cleaners and water does leave streaks on my floors.

When I was finished with my other brand which was some type of Pine cleaner I wanted to give this product Mr. Clean Multi-Surface Cleaner a chance. Mr. Clean still has his arms crossed. I have tried many different types of Mr. Clean products before so I know the quality is good. This bottle was 40 oz. and the color looks like orange juice. I'm almost done with this bottle and can make a solid opinion. This is a large bottle with a clear plastic and an orange cap.

I don't normally read the directions on home cleaners because I've used them many times and can say I know how much to use without measuring. The bottle does state to use 1/4 cup per gallon of water. The back makes the following claims:

- Cuts Grease
- Powerful Cleaning
- Great Scent

About this bottle.
This product does not contain phospate, chlorine bleach nor ammonia. It may cause eye irritation so keep away from children. The bottle should not be reused. This product is made in the US by Proctor & Gamble. There are instructions for First Aid on the back if it should splash in your eyes.

It states on the back that it can be used around the kitchen, bathrooms and tough jobs like garbage cans and other types of cleaning.

Mr. Clean Multi-Surfaces Liquid Cleaners come in the following 5 scents:

- Spring Garden—The smell of garden-fresh spring flowers will lift your spirits and perk up your home.
- Invigorating Breeze—Rejuvenate your bathroom and kitchen with this crisp, airy scent.
- Sparkling Apple—Bring the energizing aroma of green apples picked from the grove right into your home.
- Summer Citrus—Cheer up your home with the fresh antibacterial citrus scent of lemons.
- Ultimate Orange—The natural orange extracts leave behind the clean scent of a freshly peeled orange.

My assessment
What got my attention to this product was the orange colored liquid in the bottle and I was tired of using my pine cleaner.

I do believe it was well worth the $2.50 it costs for this large bottle. I love the fresh orange smell. It does make the whole house smell like someone just peeled a fresh orange. The smell will stay on the mop used for a while.

I don't believe this is the best cleaner for tough jobs. I've tried it on my garbage lid and had to use a stronger method of cleaning the dirt accumulated on the lid by children dropping some food or liquid by accident. Since most times I don't notice it till it has dried, it is harder to clean. Mr. Clean does make another product called "Extra Power" but I haven't tried it.

I've used this mostly for light, general cleaning around my home. I love the scent it leaves in my kitchen after I'm done mopping the floor. I haven't noticed any streaks and do like the way it removes minor stains and marks on my floors.

In between cleaning my bathrooms with the toilet cleaners, I will drop about 1/4 cup into my toilet and leave it in there for the scent especially if I'm expecting company. It will smell nice and help keep it clean.

When my daughter came over the other day, she mentioned she needed a floor cleaner and I showed her this bottle. On her next trip to the store she, too, purchased it because of the orange scent. When I asked her if she liked it after she had used it, she told me it was better that what she was using before.

I will probably try a few of the other scents before switching to a different brand. This will definitely be one of my choices. I am satisfied with the results and the price is right.

Ads by Google