Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily Regenerating Moisture Lotion SPF 15

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Green Bottles Galore

Oct 14, 2007

Pros:Smooth and silky, mostly light weight, smells nice, and works great. Good price.

Cons:Wish it was just a little "fluffier".

The Bottom Line: I like this moisture lotion with SPF. It is a good buy and worth a try.

“We have a lot of green bottles in the bathroom and bedroom”, commented hubby.

(Commented, not complained, exactly.)

“Yes, I know honey, aren’t they cute with their perky, bright green color?” I replied.

He just gave me that look - the one that indicates his disbelief and discouragement in my delusional and dysfunctional thinking.

Its true, not my mental defects, the loads of green containers everywhere. They are assorted Garnier shampoos, hair styling stuff, and facial products. I love ‘em. The latest newcomer to the green gathering is Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily Regenerating Moisture Lotion SPF 15. It is a most welcomed addition.

The light, white lotion has a sweet, fruity, tea scent that fades after application. It goes on easily and absorbs quickly as long as you don’t use too much. It isn’t greasy or watery. The texture isn’t super thick either yet it is a bit heavier than I would prefer. I find it to be lighter than Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra-Lift Anti-Wrinkle Firming Moisture Cream SPF 15 though. The moisture lotion mainly has a face-friendly feel when applied gently. I find that with most of the Garnier products a little goes a long way.

This lotion wears well. My face didn’t feel slimy and slick while sweating as it did with the anti-wrinkle formula. For the most part, once it is on and sunk into your skin, you don’t notice it. Except for the observation that my face feels smoother and more radiant since using Garnier Nutritioniste products. My face has the oily T zone area combined with sensitive skin. I have experienced no problems at all with items from the Garnier facial care line. I’m honestly impressed.

Price is a factor too. I have used Philosophy When Hope Is Not Enough with SPF 20. That was a gift. The cost factor for Philosophy is just too salty for me. Garnier Nutritioniste is reasonably priced. Excellent deals can be found when you combine coupons with sales. For example, I bought this bottle of Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily Regenerating Moisture Lotion SPF 15 at our local WEIS grocery store. They had it on sale for $9.99 (a dollar off the regular price) plus it is on rebate with them. Depending on the total amount of Garnier Nutritioniste products purchased, I can earn up to $10.00 back. Of course, I also had a coupon. Not calculating the rebate, I paid only $7.99 for the 2.5 fluid ounce bottle. That’s not too shabby.

So, do you want to know the ingredients and packaging information?

The black box has a picture of the bottle on the front of it. From the side:

“Nutritional-Dermatology. A breakthrough approach in skin care.

The beauty of your skin reflects your inner health and vitality. Skin's appearance is at its best when essential nutrients aid in stimulating and protecting skin cell activity through the surface layers of the skin. Thus, diet and nutrition, as well as lifestyle and aging, influence the beauty of your skin. Through collaboration with dermatologists and nutritionists, Garnier has developed an advanced skin care line with a unique combination of natural and essential "dermatological-nutrients,*" surface-cell-recharging ingredients targeted to help your skin stay healthy-looking and beautiful, day after day.

Introducing Garnier Nutritioniste™
A new start for healthy-looking skin. ™

How do I use it?
Gently apply Skin Renew serum every morning and night to the face and neck. Use alone, or before applying moisturizer. This silky, velvety serum is immediately absorbed without leaving a greasy or sticky feel. It is oil-free and provides an excellent base for makeup.

How do I use Skin Renew products together?
After cleansing with Nutri-Pure, use Skin Renew moisture lotion as your daily moisturizer. Apply over face and neck, morning and night. We recommend using moisture lotion with SPF 15 for sun protection during the day. Choose the moisture cream if you have dry skin. Dab Skin Renew eye cream around the delicate eye area, morning and night.

For Advanced Care:
Apply Skin Renew serum before you moisturize. Use Skin Renew micro-polish kit for instant skin resurfacing, 2-3 times a week.

*Ingredient complexes developed exclusively by Garnier to work on skin's outer layer.”

Other side of box:

Dermatologist tested for safety
100% oil-free
Non comedogenic - won't clog pores
Gentle to skin
Allergy tested
Non-greasy
SPF 15 to protect from UVA/UVB rays to help fight and prevent premature signs of aging caused by the sun.

Uses:
Helps prevent sunburn. Higher SPF gives more sunburn protection.

Warnings:
For external use only. When using this product, keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove. Stop use and consult a doctor if rash or irritation develops and lasts. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
Ensulizole 1.5%, Octinoxate 7.5%

COSMETIC INGREDIENTS:
Water, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Triethanolamine, Aluminumstarchoctenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Titaniumdioxide, Stearic Acid, Solaniumlycopersicum (Tomato) Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopheryl Acetate, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Capryloylsalicylic Acid, Magnesium PCA, Mica, Zinc PCA, Sodium PCA, Aluminum Hydroxide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Carbomer, Ceteth 10, Dimethiconol, Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth 4, Laureth 7, Lauroyl Lysine, Myristyl Alcohol, PEG 100 Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Polycaprolactone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Xantham Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, F.I.L. B12217/1

Questions: 1-800-370-1925
garniernutritioniste.com
Garnier LLC, NEW YORK, NY 10017”

Back of box:

Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily Regenerating Moisture Lotion SPF 15

Boosts surface-cell regeneration to reveal more even-toned, deeply radiant, smooth skin.

Is it right for me?
Active lifestyles, environmental aggressors and daily fatigue all contribute to the breakdown of skin-essential nutrients. Skin becomes dull, uneven-toned, rough and prone to breakouts and signs of aging. Skin Renew serum is right for you if you want an intensive daily solution for deeply radiant skin with more even-tone and a smoother texture.

How is it different?
Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew is our 1st daily regenerating serum that uses a unique combination of "dermatological-nutrients," with time-released ingredients for intensive, continuous surface-cell regeneration and extended effectiveness.

"Dermatological-Nutrient" Facts

Skin Renew with:

Vitamin C continuously boosts surface-cell regeneration for fresh, smooth, more even-toned skin

Magnesium energizes and hydrates surface-cells for a deeper radiance

Lycopene micro-encapsulated anti-oxidant protects against environmental aggressors

Clinically tested and reviewed by dermatologists and nutritionists.

Results*

Instantly: texture is refined and skin is visibly smoother.

In 3 Weeks: skin is radiant, fine lines are visibly reduced, and women saw more even-toned skin.

In 6 Weeks: skin's natural radiance is doubled

With Continued Use: skin builds resistance against the signs of aging, and reveals deeper radiance and clarity.

*Results when using Skin Renew moisture lotion SPF 15 in the AM and Skin Renew moisture lotion in the PM.”

Whew… that’s a lot of info to relate.

Anyway, I like Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily Regenerating Moisture Lotion SPF 15. Unless I’m convinced to experiment with another brand of daily SPF moisturizer, I’m sticking with this one. I also like the handy aerosol-style pump feature of this bottle. The charming green container is capped with a white pump and has a clear lid. It is quick and easy to operate. I’m staying with Garnier Nutritioniste. I like their stuff.

The only trouble is hubby’s confusion. The other night I asked him to hand me the regenerating serum. He stared blankly at the basket of cosmetic doodads on my dresser.

“Which one?” he inquired in perplexed and slightly agitated tone.

“The little green bottle”, I answered.

“They’re all green bottles,” he replied, exasperated.

I chuckled and pointed out the correct container. He passed it over as he gave me that look again.

I just smiled.

Thanks again Shantel for adding this to the database.

Amount Paid (US$): @8.00