Too Loud

Oct 27, 2007

Pros:Easy to use. Cleans clothes very efficiently.

Cons:Hoses are too short. Too loud.

The Bottom Line: Know what you are getting into before purchasing.

I recently purchased this washer after reading the reviews and moving into an apartment with no washing facilities in the building. The operation of the machine is very simple, I've done a few loads with varying levels of water, and detergent, and the washer definitely gets all of the clothes very clean. The spin tub does a good job of getting a lot of the water out after rinsing, so my clothes dry on a dryer for a few hours and are good to go. They are a bit stiff, which I would attribute to needing more rinses/fabric softener. So, as far as the benefits go, the other reviewers have it right.

Unfortunately, there are a few cons. First, the hoses are way to short. Unless you have a separate laundry room or hookup, you will need to place the washer right next to your faucet and drain tub. The water inlet hose is maybe 3ft and the drain hose is probably 5-6 feet.

The second, con is that the machine is LOUD. I live in an all brick building, where of course you can hear your neighbors on occasion. I put the washer in one of my closets upstairs close to the bathroom sink/tub. When I run the washer I can barely hear my TV when i'm watching downstairs.

Overall I would recommend purchase if you are ready to invest a little more money to get some hose extensions, and are not worried about noise levels in your apartment/for your neighbors.