Amazing for the $$

Oct 28, 2007 (Updated Oct 28, 2007)

Pros:Perfect Range, Slightly above-average transfer Speed, good security features and extras.

Cons:None available

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this router to just about anyone who is going to use it for the home.

I bought this router along with its counterpart PCMCIA adapter for my Dell Inspiron 2500. It took roughly 20 minutes to setup the way I wanted it WITH SECURITY. I was also thoroughly impressed to be able to go anywhere in my 3 story home and have it work. It even works outside not to mention I have it installed in the basement. Most Wireless Routers would die after leaving the confines of my cement & steel basement, but this particular router seemed to function without any problems. I had a little trouble with it when i was setting up a wireless connection in another room, but the issue was quickly resolved when i unplugged a 2.4 GHz. phone that was interfering with my signal. This router also has the ability to switch from traditional range to the extended range; traditional being used for an unsecured short-range network, which I believe to be a useful feature if you do not wish to set up the security features. Some of the security features of this router include an advanced WPA2 encryption as well as a hidden SSID ability. with WPA2 enabled you may specify a passphrase which all users are required to enter correctly in order to use the wireless capability. For users which incorrectly spell the passphrase, they will receive a message stating a connection has been made but when the user attempts to use the connection, websites will not be available. Nor will downloading software, like Limewire or Azureus, function properly. Overall, this router has met just about every expectation I had set out for it.