Comments on Spiderkidís Annual Epinions Review" (23 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just what are you saying!??!?
by spiderkid
Fees? How about a percentage of my annual Epinions Earnings? A lucrative offer no doubt.

(Erm, don't read my last comment though ok?)

Spiderskint
Jan 5, 2005
6:33 am PST

Re: Six months late and a hundred dollars short
by spiderkid
Damn good point Becky... let's put it to the board and see what they say. Surely Paypal would work out better alround? And I sure as hell could do with that $3.86 right now I tell ya...

=-/

Jan 5, 2005
6:31 am PST

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just what are you saying!??!?
by captaind
Sob away Tom, the first month is free, then we'll talk about my fees... :-D

CaptainOldMarried
Jan 3, 2005
4:13 am PST

Six months late and a hundred dollars short
by beckytcy
With globalisation, Epinions would be wise to make it easier for international writers to participate. Perhaps electronic payment through PayPal (rather than cheques) would be a good option. Then they wouldn't have to pay for the postage either!

Cheers for the shout-out!!
Becky
Dec 29, 2004
1:11 pm PST

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just what are you saying!??!?
by spiderkid
Is that the still small voice of experience I hear!? ;-p

I'll be crying on your shoulder within the month Capt... perhaps you should start an 'Epinions counseling service'... I'll take a years subscription please!

Yours with increasing insanity

Nov 16, 2004
2:56 am PST

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just what are you saying!??!?
by captaind
I think it's the whole wedding business that's challenging your mental stability... your hormones are going crazy and your bank balance is going down... a potent combination!

CaptainSeenItDoneItWornTheT-Shirt
Nov 15, 2004
11:16 am PST

Re: Good Annual Review
by spiderkid
Thanks Mike... your support was and still is greatly appreciated!

Good to see you back and posting... I've been on the 'wedding campaign' for some time now so haven't posted as much as I'd have liked to recently, but it'll all be over soon (I think it's in the bag to be honest...) and hopefully I'll be reading, rating and writing a lot more in the new year.

Cheers

Nov 12, 2004
2:57 am PST

Good Annual Review
by mike.holmes
I'm glad I stuck my neck out so early. With my campaign, I haven't read as many reviews as I should have but now I'm almost back to regular life. Keep writing! Mike
Nov 11, 2004
8:07 pm PST

Re: Re: Re: Just what are you saying!??!?
by spiderkid
Most Unhinged Epinions Reviewer.. why Capt, I'm flattered!

I was only aiming for 'Most moderately dehinged Epinions Reviewer'..

And just think in a few weeks I'll be a married man, and we all know what that can do to ones hinges.... =-p

The title race is on!!

Yours increasingly less hingedly

Nov 11, 2004
4:21 am PST

Re: Re: Just what are you saying!??!?
Tom...

I do believe you're having a tilt at claiming the title of Most Unhinged Epinions Reviewer... but be warned, I won't give up my hard-earned title without a fight...

CaptainMoreUnhingedThanYou'llEverBe
Nov 4, 2004
1:14 pm PST

Re: Just what are you saying!??!?
by spiderkid
Now now Capt, don't be too upset... if I'd said you were any more than slightly off beam, I wouldn't have given you anything to aim for – you would have lost the hunger.. the passion!

You might have just settled down into a mire of middle of the road off-beam mediocrity - and I know that you and everyone else here wouldn't want that... you deserve better, you were made for greater things.. you can achieve more! Reach for the stars and watch your trajectory spin wildly away from that dread 'beam of normalness'... I believe in you Captain... live the dream..

Yours inspirationally

Nov 4, 2004
3:09 am PST

Just what are you saying!??!?
by captaind
He... I thought Mobi would be onto you about that WOT comment!!

"Captaind was also extremely helpful in the early days and I enjoyed the familiar (if slightly off beam) British sense of humour which made me feel right at home. " - so you mean I'm not helpful now!?!?!??!? And what exactly do you mean by slightly off beam???? I aim for almost fully off beam, I'll have you know!!

Anyway, I'm not going to say any more because reading this took much more of my time than I was intending it too - great stuff though. :-D

CaptainVeryOffBeam
Nov 3, 2004
11:56 am PST

Re: One of the best!
Why thank you Lorace!

I'm glad I managed to sum up my feelings about the place in a way that other people can relate to as well.

And thank you for the well-wishing, I can't wait to be married! Although we may need to intorduce a 'time-share' system for my computer..

Cheers

Tom

(Ps. One of the goals I've set myself for this year is to put some of my creative stuff on this site.. so watch this space...) ;-)
Sep 16, 2004
2:27 am PDT

One of the best!
by lorace
This was a terrific assessment of Epinions and you sure have done your homework! Thanks so much for bringing me enjoyment this early in the day.

Anyone who quotes Mobi is a friend of mine!

And I think you are quite a poet, too. I loved the paragraph about that beautiful fiancee of yours and wish both of you a lovely wedding and a wonderful life together. I hope you have separate computers,though! lol

Lorace
Sep 15, 2004
11:02 am PDT

Aaawww.. you guys...
by spiderkid
Hey y'all... thanks for taking the time to read my random ramblings, and to be so nice as to leave comments too! You spoil me, really you do.

Anyways, sorry for taking so long to reply, that's the trouble when you're life is in boxes and you haven't had time to set up your computer at home... so a few replies now (in date order)

MobiProf: Thanks for your ever informative advice, I think you'll be pleased with my update!

Tom: You'll be glad to know that I've credited your 'Lean-n-Mean' write off, and am looking forward to the next installment. (As for the 'manner - manor' thing, I probably did mean 'manner' but then being British we all live in 'manor's' with moats and such so it does get awfully confusing....)

Susan: Thanks for the many congratulations and all manner of best wishes (=-p) (see what I did there?)

Terrie: Thanks again for your kind words, and don't worry, I have helped with the invites now. (Primarily by standing there saying "move that sentence to the middle dear, cut that bit out, paste this here.. etc" At this rate I'll be lucky if I'm still invited! )

Danny: You have my attention and my interest.. trust is surely next... (keep writing!). And don't stress too much about reading and rating everyone who rates you etc.. just read when you can and write when you can, but make sure you do your homework first!

Simon: A thousand apologies! What a basic, schoolboy error! Really sorry mate - amendments have been made (and my sub-editor has now been fired). I've also now linked your name so that people can go and enjoy your wise words at their leisure.

Gary: Thanks - although I can't take the credit for the Google search idea.. but it does work. Look forward to reading your Write Off entries sometime!

Doc: As you'll see, the 'Lean-n-mean' Write Off has now been properly referenced!.. and thanks for your 'seconding'..

And finally... stlmom: Well.. I'd better let my missis answer the first question (although her answer would probably be 'not very' at the moment as I'm still struggling to get the shower working.. eewww). Thanks for your comments, I look forward to catching your reviews too.

Righty.. I think that's it!

And there was me going on about how I'm not here to make friends.. hhmmmm, is that the sweet smell of freshly baked humble pie?

=-p

Cheers guys

Sep 15, 2004
6:28 am PDT

Great to meet you!
by stlmom
How cute are you?! What a great piece. I really enjoyed this review and you've cited many of the writers/ advisors that I've come to love too. We haven't crossed paths much in this past year but I look forward to getting to know you better!

Best Regards,
Stlmom
Sep 12, 2004
12:14 pm PDT

hear hear!
by drdevience
I don’t believe that these details constitute a ‘good review’. It’s opinions that count here – anyone can read a synopsis or download product specifications if they find a review interesting enough to want to find out more

Let me second that!

And the write off you were most likely referencing was Sleeper's annual Lean-n-mean... which is only 2 short months away! weeeeeeeee

Doc

11:19 am PDT

yup
by garym
Hi Tom,
An interesting review. A lot to take in, but I hear ya. Thanks for the Google idea.
Happy anniversary and may you wedded life be long prosperous.

Gary
6:54 am PDT

... !
by slarter
...

I think that was a mention somewhere in the acknowledgements section of your review. There is a "slater" on the site, but he/she hasn't written since 2000, so I would presume you just missed the "R", eh what? In that case... thanks!

Great idea, that year-end Eps review. Most people just host a write-off or something, but this was certainly worthwhile reading. And as to the issue of one's verbosity (or lack thereof), sometimes more words are more fun (say I)!

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials, and best of luck in the future (on Eps and otherwise).

Cheers!

Simon
6:40 am PDT

its like...the spider kid!
by yippeskipee
im all...touched...by your message to the epinions community. despite the fact that i have yet to earn your trust, which is fine. i always try to read reviews an everything but i like...can never get around to it. i write maybe 1 every couple weeks, iterdispersed with little comments, but i got to much homework to read all of the reviews of every person who has read mine. even when i procrastinate. o well

love and peace,
danny
4:10 pm PDT

Congratulations and congratulations!
by treeseed
Hi Tom,
Congratulations on your year at Eps and your upcoming marriage. Now, we just have to get that soon-to-be Mrs. Spidey on board! Thank you for mentioning me. (blush)
Keep up your good work but get busy with those wedding invitations. :)
~Terrie
1:13 pm PDT

Just wanted to say.....
by nortos
Congratulations on a year here at epinions and much luck and congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I wish for you health, happiness, love and wealth.

Susan
11:32 am PDT

hey there...
by sleeper54
So many thoughts worthy of comment and so little time. Forcing you
to perhaps reply would only delay your needed effort to shepherd that
wedding thing to completion. So I'll just comment on one.

you said...
"the superglue that binds my fraying edges, . . ."

You romantic dawg you. That will earn you bonus points I am sure...

Oh, one more thing. I know you Brits have an 'odd way' with this word
or that, but . . .'manor' ?? Perhaps you intended 'manner' ??

...tom...
' still admiring the 5-review, eleven-day, 1022-total visits hiccough
that was user 100words . . . '
11:07 am PDT