Rocket Grill - great addition to kitchen

Jan 2, 2008

Pros:Great tasting food; no clean up.

Cons:Parchment bags could get costly.

The Bottom Line: This would be a great item even at full price. Great tasting food with less calories and fat. No clean up.

I purchased the Rocket Grill from Bed, Bath and Beyond with a gift card I had received for Christmas. I had been looking at it for a long time but couldn't understand what it was and how it worked. I found the Grill marked down to half price after Christmas, $49.99 and then used my 20 percent off coupon to purchase this grill for under $40.00. I already loved it! I decided not to purchase additional parchment bags until I used it and knew for sure whether I would use it.

The first item I cooked in my Rocket Grill was a frozen boneless chicken breast. I preheated the grill for five minutes as recommended in the directions. After placing a large chicken breast fillet in the parchment bag, I placed the entire thing in the toaster-like slot of the Rocket Grill. I set the timer to 9 minutes and it was perfect. The chicken was grilled to perfection. For those of us trying to stick to a low carb diet, this will be wonderful.

There is virtually no clean up with the Rocket Grill. All of the grease stays in the parchment back, away from the meat. You simply remove the food and throw the bag away.

There are lots of different types of food you can cook in the Rocket Grill. I have used it several times to toast cinnamon raisin toast. It is neater to use that a toaster and it looks even yummier with the grill lines on it.

I found a sale on Amazon.com for the parchment bags - buy 4 of this item and one of them will be free. This is a much better deal than purchasing at the store.