Wouldn't buy again

Jan 5, 2008

Pros:Can be stacked, takes up little room, energy efficient

Cons:Not reliable, leaves grease spots.

The Bottom Line: Don't buy this. Spend a little more and get a good front loader or just by a traditional top loader

I purchased this washer 5 years ago. I was living in a small condo that laundry room was slightly too small to place a washer and dryer side by side. So I needed a unit that could be stacked. Most stackable units were very small, but this was a little larger. I was very excited to get a front loader that used less energy. However I was disappointed with the performance of the washer. At the time I purchased the washer I had 2 children, I now have 4 children. The washing capacity is on the smaller side, but I think you can wash more in a front loader than you can a traditional top loader with the same capacity. Still with 4 children I have to do at least 10 loads per week.

The washer does do a pretty good job cleaning the clothes. If I wash stained clothing immediately it does not need to be pretreated for the stain to come out. And I think it is certainly gentler on my clothes. I can machine was everything, including clothes that manufactures recommend hand wash only. Although I have found the washer to leave grease spots occasionally on my clothes. I followed direction on the owners manual and it still leaves grease spots on my clothes and has for the past 5 years.

The big thing for me is that the washer has gradually been getting louder and louder. I really didn't notice until my mom was visiting and pointed it out. It is so loud now that you cannot have a conversation next to the washer when it is on the spin cycle. So I called a repair man who took 5 minutes to diagnosis the problem. The rear rotor is going bad and the part cost more than the machine. All my warranties had expired a few months earlier. So I am now looking for a new washer. I am very disappointed that this washer only lasted 5 years. I expected for the price it should have last much longer.