Weber Genesis E-320 (LP) Grill

Jan 30, 2008 (Updated Jan 30, 2008)

Pros:Reasonably priced, good quality

Cons:Control placement

The Bottom Line: This is great grill for the price.

The Weber Genesis E 320 gas grill is not the largest grill on the market. However, its modest price gives it a greater value per square inch than larger, more expensive grills. Reasonably priced at $550 to $650 with a cooking area of 507 square inches, this grill definitely gives the consumer more per dollar than any other grill out there. It is a solidly built American product that will last you a long time. It has heavy duty grates that will not need to be replaced each year like the grates on some of the cheaper gas grill models.

I don't mind putting things together to save on the assembly fee and was nicely surprised at the ease and quickness that this grill went together. It really made me glad that I did not pay to have someone else do it for me. Whether you put your own together or pay for assembly be sure to do the leak tests described in the manual. I did not have a leak problem, but it is an easy test to do for a little peace of mind.

The Weber Genesis heats up quickly and has a temperature gauge so you know when it is ready to use. If needed, this grill can cook at temperatures up to 650 degrees Fahrenheit and will reach this temperature in less than 10 minutes. This grill has three burners which will allow food in every section of the grill to cook evenly. This is great since it allows you to have all your food ready at once.

The one complaint that I have about this grill model is the placement of the controls. They are on the side which takes away counter space. I would much rather that they be on the front of the grill as I like a lot of having counter space. This is a small complaint considering all of the good qualities of this grill and it certainly does not deter me in recommending this model to anyone.

I do recommend getting the gas grill cover that is made fort his model if you plan on keeping your grill outside. They cost around $50, but it is well worth the investment since it will keep your grill looking new longer and will prevent the elements from damaging the grill.