2X Ultra Tide Pure Essentials with Baking Soda White Lilac

ratings (3 Epinions reviews)

Tide Pure Essentials with Baking Soda White Lilac

Feb 10, 2008

Pros:Great scent, good cleaning power

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: The Bottom Line is this Tide product really is a great one!

Such a long name for such a great product - 2X Ultra Tide Pure Essentials with Baking Soda White Lilac. Basically Tide is making (so far) two liquid laundry detergents with "essential" oils scents - a lemon one and a lilac one. They decided to also include baking soda, and more recently upgraded the detergent to an "Ultra" formula which is more concentrated so that you need to use less (it comes with a small cup at the top and so the measurements are for smaller ounces as well).

We just know that this stuff cleans well ... and has a scent like nobody's business!

We generally don't switch around detergents a whole lot, as in the past our oldest child has had skin sensitivities. At a younger age he had to have unscented detergent, though we have been noticing more and more in the last year or so he seems to do fine with whatever has been used on his clothes. We noticed, when visiting my Mother in Law who only uses Tide, that he was not bothered when we washed his clothes with her detergent.

Coupled with that our regular detergent was out of stock one time when we went to the store, and the idea that my husband has a fascination of all things scented lemon and lilac (I'll get to that in a minute), and it seems fated that we'd try Tide Pure Essentials with Baking Soda White Lilac at our house.

We first tried the Citrus/Lemon essential oil version first, and though we really liked it, there was something about this White Lilac version that once we tried it we never looked back! Scent wise it's very fragrant, and yet not irritating to the nose. I say that because a lot of essential oils can be very potent and strong, and in wax form I have often found can irritate my nose. This White Lilac that Tide makes is just right! I know because I have really found myself noticing the scent. It's gotten to the point where I will let the washer fill up, start to spin and suds the clothes, open up the washer and sniff the bubbles inside. I know, you'd think I'd have better things to do, but I continue to be so impressed that I like this smell I keep checking it out! Another thing I notice is that the clothes come out of the washer still smelling like light lilac. Through the dryer, like light lilac. As I am putting them away, like light lilac.

Oh the scent does fade, it's not like during the week when we wear them I can still smell the scents - but I do notice if I take the clothes out of the washer, right into the dryer, dry, and pull out, I can still smell the fragrance.

The Lemon one is Lemon Verbena and uses citrus extracts to help combat stains. This formula has White Lilac and baking soda to do the same. The product formula appears to be the same except for these few differences. It is sold in the sizes of: 50, 75, 100, and 150 oz. We generally purchase the largest size we can for our family of 5 - in our area that is the 100 oz. It comes in an attractive, white bottle, and is designed for your top loading washers.

From the company:"Baking soda, for years, has been one of nature’s symbols for cleaning, brightening, and freshening. 2X Ultra Tide Pure Essentials with Baking Soda whitens whites, fights tough stains, and helps remove trapped odors, leaving all your fabrics wonderfully clean and fresh.

2X Ultra Tide Pure Essentials with Baking Soda also leverages advances in science to offer long-lasting freshness. Clean. Fresh. Pure Essentials.

Plus, new 2X Ultra Tide Pure Essentials with Baking Soda is concentrated, so you can use less. One small cap can get a whole load clean.

White Lilac
A light floral fragrance highlighted with a hint of green notes, containing essential oils."

This detergent comes in liquid form, and so you simply measure out the amount you need (following the sizing in the cap) and pour into your washer. I notice that, beyond the amazing smell, this product has done a nice job cleaning our clothes and stains. Though we pre-treat many stains we do have, overall our clothes come out of the process feeling soft and fresh. I even noticed a few times when my husband left a basket of wet laundry that started to smell I was able to run the laundry back through the washer with this product and all the things came out smelling great! Since we also have pets, it's been wonderful to know that pet scents are now getting out of bedding and whatever else they choose to lay on. Since we use kitchen and bath towels for many various messes around the house, it's good to know that Tide Pure Essentials with Baking Soda White Lilac is not only going to clean my clothes, but also leave them smelling great!

We whole heartedly recommend this newer Tide product and plan to have it be the main detergent that we use now!