An absolute dream!

Feb 14, 2008

Pros:One hand open and close, steers like a dream, plushy cushioned seat, and looks beautiful!

Cons:Expensive, car seat attachments can be cumbersome, extremely small underbasket

The Bottom Line: I would strongly recommend this stroller if your budget can handle it! It's extremely comfortable for you baby and a dream to drive! And it looks sharp!

Pregnant with our first child, I was searching the internet one day for the perfect stroller. I wanted something that was lightweight, easy to open/close, steered like a dream, and was the perfect height for my tall husband. I had heard that Peg Perego was the way to go. However, after researching for a few hours, I was completely sold on the Inglesina Zippy. I knew I just had to have this stroller that seemed too good to be true. Because it came with such a hefty pricetag ($350), I decided to take it for a test drive. My husband and I jumped into the car and drove 30+ miles to the nearest baby superstore that carried this particular stroller. To my utter delight, the stroller was exactly what it claimed to be on the Inglesina website. It opened and closed with such ease...only one hand required! It steered beautifully and looked great! We even tried out the Peg Perego Pliko P3 and found it to be quite heavy and cumbersome...no so easy to open and close.

After trying out the stroller ourselves, we decided to hunt around for a better bargain. Oh, the wonders of Ebay! My husband tracked a brand new, in-the-box Zippy and started a bidding war. We won the stroller for $205!! Plus shipping and handling, which cost us a total of $230. I was sooo happy! I couldn't wait for baby to come so I could use my new stroller!!

Well, the baby has arrived and she is now 6 months...and I have to say, I love, love, LOVE my Zippy! It is literally a dream! The only set back would be the snaps that hold our Combi carseat in place. Instead of easily clicking into place, the carseat has to be secured using snaps that hook on to the handle of the seat...so it can take a few minutes to hook the carseat in place.

I just recently traveled alone with my baby and the Zippy was the perfect companion. I was able to open and close the stroller with one hand while holding the baby in the other. I was even able to lift the stroller onto the conveyance belt at the airport. Thank you Inglesina for this great product! :)