My KichenAid KCMS1555RSS Stainless Steel 1200 Watt Microwave- Its Great!

Feb 14, 2008 (Updated Feb 14, 2008)

Pros:Ease of operation, dependable, powerful, custom cook settings

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: I recommend this microwave to anyone looking for a dependable, easy to use, powerful and accurate microwave

My KitchenAid built-in microwave oven Model KCMS1555RSS has matched all of my other KitchenAid appliances in my new home in both dependability, ease of operation, and ability to provide me with excellent results with each use. Its electronic touch control pad is easy to read and operate. That, along with its sharp-looking design and sleek stainless finish, has convinced me that I made a wise choice in choosing KitchenAid for my home.

This is the most powerful microwave I have ever owned. With its 1200 watt cooking power, everything I cook comes out fast and perfectly cooked or reheated. With its ten power levels and auto sensor feature, I have not been disappointed with any results from overcooking or undercooking. KitchenAid’s trademark “Optimawave technology” is described as providing continuous power for true control.

POWER LEVELS

Reheat

Upon pressing the reheat button, four options appear:

Dinner plate
Soup
Sauce
Casserole

It automatically determines how long and at what power to reheat the item.

Auto Sensor Cook

Once I press the cook button, several options come up:

Baked potato
Fresh vegetable
Frozen vegetable
Fresh entrée
Rice
Fish
Seafood

The sensor automatically picks the time and power level to make sure everything is heated perfectly.

Popcorn

It offers the option for a regular bag or a small snack size bag. This is the first time I have used a microwave that does not give me burned or unpopped popcorn kernels. It comes out perfectly every time.

Custom Defrost

It defrosts meat, poultry or fish after it asks to enter the weight of whatever I am defrosting .

Custom Cook

Upon pressing this button, different choices appear:

Bacon (it then asks how many slices)
Beverage
Fresh rolls
Frozen rolls
Oatmeal

When it is done, it displays "Enjoy”. It makes me smile whenever it does that!!

Personal Choice

This allows me to choose the volume of the beep to notify when a cycle is complete, the language the keypad displays (English or Spanish), whether weight should be displayed in ounces or pounds or in the metric system., and whether the clock should display on a 12 or 24 hour day.

Cook Time

This allows me to manually cook for however long I need.

Cook Power

This allows me to manually set the cooking power from 1 to 10. This is used with the manual cook time button above.

I actually still use these two manual controls quite frequently. There is a cooking chart that came with the microwave that suggests the approximate time and power settings for most everyday meals.

Warm and Hold

This is a great feature. When something just needs to be slightly heated and I want to keep it at that temperature.

DESIGN

This microwave has a sleek modern look and a very easy to clean stainless finish, which compliments the rest of my KitchenAid Stainless appliances.

The glass door and interior light makes it easy to monitor the progress of cooking.

The turntable is easy to remove for cleaning .

DIMENSIONS

Exterior Depth: 17.12 inches
Exterior height: 12.5 inches
Exterior Width: 21.87 inches

PRICE:

I am glad I chose this Kitchenaid KCMS1555RSS Microwave Oven for my new home, and am hopeful that it will provide me with many years of dependable service.