Vantage Deluxe World Travel

Vantage Deluxe World Travel

ratings (23 Epinions reviews)

Vantage - Egypt, Land of the Pharaoh's - good value

Feb 27, 2008 (Updated Feb 29, 2008)
  • User Rating: Very Good

• How strenuous was your tour?
  • Transportation quality:
  • Knowledge of tour guide(s):
  • How informative was your tour?

Pros:Good value, cost of transportation if booked as individuals higher than entire cost of trip.

Cons:Changes to accommodations made without our knowledge, review or approval. Substitutions seemed inferior.

The Bottom Line: Egyptian people warmly welcome Americans to their country. Ancient sites are MUST SEE!! Our Vantage guides made this trip one of our best!

Booked with Vantage as recommended by a friend, we found the price, itinerary, included meals, air fare, excursions and accommodations to be very attractive.
Having just completed the trip, we can report that an experience of a lifetime, Egypt was everything we had hoped for and the package exceeded our expectations.
Our program manager (Maged) was excellent, his English perfect, his knowledge outstanding - the sites selected and tours booked for us were outstanding.
Transportation, attention to details and pace of the trip made visiting so many interesting sites a pleasure for the 44 of us.
Only surprise was that the 2 riverboats we cruised in did not meet the advertised ratings. In both of the 2 cases, the ships used were changed at the last minute and neither was what was as expected or described.
On the ms Tania, the ship was old, the cabin VERY small, and lacked much in the way of shelves or drawers. We had to keep most of our clothing in our suitcases, stored under the bed. (Lifting the bed whenever we needed to get to our stuff. On the other hand, the food, public areas and staff on the Tania were excellent.
On the ms Crown Jewel, we found the cabins much larger, however the staff was not nearly as accommodating as staff on the Tania, nor was the food as good. The accommodations on both vessels would rate no more than 2 stars in our opinion.
The Conrad hotel was the best, the Movenpick, Elephantine Island good but lacking in amenities, the LePassage at the airport, average, probably a 3 star.
We would travel again with Vantage, however, INSIST that any substitutions be advised early with an option to cancel (with refund in full) should such changes mean we would receive anything less than what was advertised.

Best Suited For: Couples