Higher Weight Limit a Plus, but sometimes outshined by less expensive competition.

Mar 13, 2008

Pros:-Super Compact Fold -Lightweight Design

Cons:- A little tippy. - For the price, it doesn't stand out amongst it's competitors

The Bottom Line: Yes, I'd recommend this stroller to anyone looking for a classy, lightweight travel stroller. It does the job and looks good doing it.

Maclaren is known for it's innovative quality strollers and the Triumph is no exception. To review this stroller, I will start at the top and work my way down.

Opening this stroller is a breeze. There is a small clamp on the bottom of the stroller that you simply pull open. Next, step on the bracket at the rear of the stroller to lock into place.

The hood is adequate for this type of stroller. While it does offer some protection, it can't be moved too block the sun head on.

The seat is nicely padded. Nothing too fancy here. One of the nicer points offered on this stroller (and not many others in it's class) is the ability to easily remove all the seat fabrics for washing.

The five point harness is well placed and can accommodate an infant up to a full sized toddler easily. Using the harness is SIMPLE.

The Triumph has two seat positions. Full upright and reclined. They've utilized a Clip at the back of the seat to accomplish their recline. I prefer this over the zip cord method some cheaper brands use.

The basket is average sized. REMEMBER: Most baskets on Umbrella strollers are meant to be accessed from the SIDE of the stroller, not the rear.

The wheels are on the smaller side, but work very well. They provide a smooth consistent ride. The back wheels have individual locking mechanisms. Simply push the tab on the back of the wheel either left or right to lock or unlock.

Folding the stroller is very easy. There is a small tab on the right rear of the stroller. Press down and then lift the tab on the rear (with the toe of your shoes) and the stroller will collapse. Maclaren has added a very convenient carry strap that is wonderful. (This is great for buses, theme parks, etc.)

One thing I must mention is that this stroller also has a higher weight limit than some of the others in it's class. I've used this stroller with an infant, two year old, and a FIVE year old and it's never shown any signs of stress.

All in All, I think this is a good, quality lightweight stroller. My only qualm is the price. I don't argue that this is a worthy stroller, but there is some competition out there offering almost identical models at a fraction of the price. IE: The Chicco Capri.