Maglite Minimag AA Holster Pack Combo Kit - Made in USA

Mar 17, 2008 (Updated Jul 3, 2012)

Pros:Works great.

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: Read and be informed.

Intro

Are you prepared for the next hurricane or camping or when electricity cuts off? Well, I am since I have five of Mini Maglites three regular and one USA.

Why This Maglite

My main reason for buying this Mini Maglite is that I wanted an extra Mini Maglite for camping and that it was on sale for $8.99 which is a decent price compared to paying the normal of more than ten bucks or more depending where you buy it from.

What I Like

I like that the Mini Maglite is simple to use just rotate the head to turn on and rotate to turn off. I also like that it is light weight and is easy to carry. Another nice feature that I like is that at the end there is a hole in the battery cap (that is screwed off to change batteries) that you may put a thin nylon rope so that you can hang on to it easier.

What I Do Not Like

The only thing I do not like is that the paint is beginning to become worn in some spots but it is sure still nice to look at with the simplistic design.

How We Used It & Why

Predominantly the Mini Maglite was used as a night lite on camping trips to go to the bathroom and avoid safety hazards such as tree stumps, and snakes.

I have also used it to light up my room (by unscrewing the top) to see how well it works and I am more than satisfied with the light output.

Plus it has come in handy with having the holster on my belt for when I am working in the dark on my car or doing basic maintenance during the daytime where some of the areas need to be lit up so that I can see what I am doing.

Quality

It is as high quality as any of the other Mini Maglites that you may buy in any fine retailers.

Power Source

The Mini Maglite is powered by two AA cell batteries.

Light Source

The lighting source is a standard small krypton flashlight bulb with two prongs.

Power Duration

The light will last 4-7 months with using the Mini Maglite flashlight one hour to four hours of use each month. The usual max of time out of a set of alkaline batteries is about nine to twelve hours depending on brand and relative freshness or how long it has been since being manufactured or even temperatures the battery has been stored in especially hotter than 72° Fahrenheit with high humidity will shorten the life of an older battery.

Colors Available

You may purchase them in the traditional black, light blue, dark blue, maroon, silver, gray, and pink.

Would I Buy Again

Yes, because it is a great product that I got for a great deal of $8.99 to get one that is not your everyday black.

Place of Manufacture

Made in USA

About the Mini Maglite Holster

It works great and is very helpful since you can just have it out for easier access rather than having it in your pocket or on a lanyard. Definitely worth the extra cost if you have to pay more to get it with the Mini Maglite.

Recommend

Yes, I recommend this item since I can keep it around easier.

Final Thoughts

I am very happy to have bought this since now when I am not using it I can simply put it in the holster or take it out the holster rather than digging in one of my pockets so that I may get to use it.