Comments on The 10 best Clint Eastwood movies of All Time" (11 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
My favorites
by brewster999
Nice list but I focused on movies in which he acted. I have High Plains Drifter as number 1, with Gran Torino and Unforgiven close behind.

Here is the complete list:
Apr 21, 2010
12:13 pm PDT

Re: How about...
by three_ster
LOL... yeah I think I should! You need to get over to the video store and start renting some of Clint's greatest hits!

--Ryan (three_ster)
Sep 28, 2005
8:55 am PDT

Fistful of Dollars: Remake of "Yojimbo"
by gtakata
FISTFUL OF DOLLARS was not a remake of a previous western movie, it was a remake of a previous "Eastern" movie - Akira Kurosawa's YOJIMBO.

In Yojimbo, Eastwood's character is played by Toshiro Mifune. Instead of a cowboy, Mifune plays a wandering Ronin (masterless Samurai) in a gang-warring town. Sergio Leone westernized it by replacing swords with guns. Despite a great performance by Clint Eastwood, and indeed one he is recognized for (and I thought he was great in) - Yojimbo is a far greater movie than Fistful of Dollars. Don't worry about the fact that it is Japanese for the Foreign-movie-o-phobes. You will be awestruck. Doubly so when you see how it's the original Fistful!

...And let's not even mention that Bruce Willis movie.

May 6, 2005
3:54 am PDT

:-)
by jankp
Good to see someone else doing a tribute. Excellent write-up. Only seen The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. I also enjoyed Bridges of Madison County.

Jan
Feb 16, 2005
7:04 pm PST

Clint Eastwood
by ezreka
is definitely a legend, but I hated Mystic River. Maybe it was just too real, I don't know. But, to me the ending just sucked. They all treated his death as if it meant nothing, but every life means something. Good review any way :)

Angela
Feb 16, 2005
6:11 am PST

Re: I can't believe...
by ifif1938
and left out my favorite, Play Misty For Me...Well, it is your list afterall, not mine..LOL

I do agree with most of your selections,:)
Thanks
Barbara
Feb 9, 2005
3:49 pm PST

I can't believe...
by damieng
you snubbed Every Which Way But Loose. ;-)

Good list nontheless.

Damien
7:11 pm PST

Re: The names of "the man with no name"
by three_ster
I contend that those were not really his names, but that they were given to him by other characters in the films :P

--Ryan (three_ster)
2:03 pm PST

The names of "the man with no name"
by Stephen_Murray, Stephen_Murray is an Advisor on Epinions in Movies
Joe in "A Fistful of Dollars" and "Good/Bad/Ugly"
Monco in "For a Few Dollars More"

And why didn't "The First Traveling Saleslady" and "Every Which Way but Loose" make the list? :)
1:12 pm PST

My favorite.....
by kamel622

.........Clint Eastwood movie would have to be Bridges of Madison County and Million Dollar Baby is a very close second. You'll enjoy it. :)

Nice write up Ryan....Make it a great day....kath
11:11 am PST

Though
by Stephen_Murray, Stephen_Murray is an Advisor on Epinions in Movies
I think this is "Off Topic," it's too interesting for me to give it the rating the rational part of my brain thinks oughta be.
10:31 am PST