Ugh. Waste of counter space.

Apr 17, 2008

Pros:- Powerful

Cons:- Purees whether you want it to or not - Poor customer service - Uncleanable

The Bottom Line: Unless you really don't care if it's 100-percent clean, don't buy it.

Well, I've never had any other food processors (other than the Cuisinart Mini-Prep, which I love and use daily), so I'm not sure if it's possible to build a better one, but this thing stinks. I got it for help chopping vegetables, which takes me a lot of time, but everything gets ground to a pulp within 1.4 second in this thing. Don't even get me started on trying to use it for cheese (it does not work - or maybe it would if you froze your cheese solid, but who would do that?). So anyway, the worst problem with this is that you cannot get it perfectly clean. I e-mailed Hamilton Beach to find out how to clean the top and got no response. There is a sliding thingy that is attached by bolts (in other words, it ain't coming off) and there is absolutely no way to clean everything out from under it. There are also lots of nooks and crannies for stuff to get stuck in. The container is way too big if you are using it for day-to-day cooking, resulting in the blade not reaching the stuff on the bottom. It did help me out when I had to make several pie crusts, but other than that, it sits on the counter taking up space. I use the mini-prep for all of my grinding and pureeing.