I won't travel anywhere without this stroller!

Apr 22, 2008

Pros:Lightweight. Comfortable for my 6'4" husband to push Turns on a dime

Cons:- Hood clips tend to unclip when moved

The Bottom Line: This stroller is lightweight, convenient and sturdy. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

After purchasing the Maclaren VOLO for my first child, I knew that I would want anything Maclaren had to offer by way of a double stroller when I was pregnant with my second child.

I researched strollers online until I was blue in the face. I read every review about dozens of double strollers until I came face-to-face with my beautiful Maclaren double.

Side-by-side strollers are excellent for 3 reasons:
1) No fighting about who gets to sit in the front
2) I can open doors
3) The seats go all the way back

This is a big deal, since I have seen so many mothers with the front/back double combo and it just looked like a clumsy baby limo. My children are able to talk to each other, (well, the toddler does) and there is no animosity about who is sitting up front!

I had looked into a double stroller that would allow me to go anywhere. I had a jogging stroller but I could not put it into my trunk and actually close the trunk. The Maclaren's handles are very tall (I'm 5'4") and I don't have to stoop over at all. So I can do a brisk walk without ever feeling the after effects of pushing a stroller containing two children.

Grocery shopping is also a breeze. The Maclaren's two baskets are very generous. I have been able to do a week's worth of grocery shopping (boxes of diapers and milk excluded) and have shoved all my meat in one basket and produce in another. The handles make excellent grocery bag holders.

I have noticed that this stroller is so lightweight that it cannot accommodate a diaper bag if nobody is sitting in the stroller. The stroller WILL tip over if anything is hanging on the handles and the seats are empty.

I have also found that the first dozen or so times in which I opened the stroller out of the trunk it was very stiff. I looked like a clown stomping and stomping on the levers in the back to unfold the stroller. It has since eased up and now opens quite easily and I can do it with a baby on my hip now.

Mine also came with a rain hood which has been a lifesaver and very easy to just pop on.

Completely recommend. High quality stroller and worth the money for the time you'll spend using it. We use ours every day.