Less is more

May 16, 2008

Pros:Excellent maneuverability, quality construction, nice appearance

Cons:Expensive, stiff buckles on harness, no cup holder

The Bottom Line: This is an excellent product that will give you years of use. It is incredibly easy and comfortable to push. Well worth the cost!

I have gone through 3 strollers in my son's 4-year lifetime, and this is far and away my favorite. Like many,I started out with one of the large, bulky stroller systems. These are great when your baby is little and you have to lug all of the necessary paraphernalia. However, once you are able to lighten up, the Triumph is the way to go! My only regret is that I didn't buy one sooner-- I waited until my son was almost 2.

The price is a little high compared to similar strollers produced by less "premium" companies. Also, I find the harness to be stiff and difficult to open (although this problem has diminished with use.) However, I still feel that this stroller is worth every penny. Here's why:

Maneuverability: First of all, you can steer it easily with one hand. That's right-- one. It is small, agile, and easily maneuvered through narrow shopping isles and crowded zoos, able to go where no bulky stroller system will take you. Also, the design of the handles makes them very comfortable when pushing.

Appearance: This stroller looks sharp. Although the design isn't cutting edge, it definitely looks like the high-quality stroller that it is.

Portability: The stroller collapses quickly and easily. It fits nicely in the trunk of most any size car. It is also fairly light weight.

Quality construction: My stroller has seen plenty of use, both indoors and out. It has held up well; I haven't had a single problem. Although the fabric shows some wear, it is still in very good shape.