Great Product

May 29, 2008

Pros:Compact. Good price. Espresso part shut off automatically after making it.

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: Great product which delivers what it promises.

If you want to make a cup of COFFEE, then you need to buy a coffee maker!

This product is for making Espresso and frothing milk for lattes and mochas. I really think that it does a great job. After making the espresso, I remove the plastic frother cover from over the metal frothing arm, to THEN froth my milk without that plastic frothing cover --- I use my Starbucks milk thermometer to get it to heated to about 150 --- Starbucks heats to 140 and if you go much over 160 you will ruin the milk. It does a great job this way, as hot as you want in about a minute or so. I also use a metal frothing cup that you can get at most stores or Starbucks.... it holds about 12 to 14 oz., although I only put in about 3/4 of an inch of milk.

The plastic frother IS great for making iced mochas for my 20 year old daughter, who likes the iced coffees --- when I make iced mochas for her, I do use the plastic frother cover: with it over the arm, it really frothes the milk, but does not get it so hot.

I also like that the espresso brewing function shuts off automatically. You can be getting your chocolate and flavoring ready without worry while it brews. Then you just turn the knob from brew to froth to froth the milk.

All in all, I am very happy with this product would recommend it to all who are "feeding their espresso habit" at home instead of at Starbucks. :-)