A Blender with a Smile.

Jun 12, 2008 (Updated Jun 12, 2008)

Pros:Its durable, easy to clean, low cost

Cons:I don't have any.

The Bottom Line: It makes a good present as it is low in cost and very durable.

Over the years many cheap blenders have come into our home. Maybe I was a little too stingy to buy expensive ones. It turned out to be frustrating because what happened next, happened often ... crunch, puff, smoke, stink! Out they went to be crushed in the garbage truck.

One day I got frustrated, because I had to buy a blender every six to eight months, even though I didn't spend more then $15 on them. I decided to see what Wal-Mart had to offer first, but I was determined to buy something REALLY special.

WOW! I didn't expect to see such a beauty there! Every way that I turned it, it seemed to smile at me and it begged me to take it home. It is a delight to see it sitting so splendidly on my kitchen counter.

STYLING

The black, shining body of the Hamilton Beach 12 Speed blender greets me every morning with a smile and with a soft humming of a song as it swirls around to make my fruit smoothie. Yes, you can actually see that smile or maybe even a laugh, as you see the white teeth gleaming on the front of the oval button pad. Take a look at the picture above and you'll know what I mean.

The thick glass jar is large enough for anything that I have ever needed to throw into it and the large, curving handle allows easy pouring and safe washing up. The engineers at Hamilton Beach have reinforced the corners with thicker glass toward the edges. The black plastic top hat greets me with a salute when the final task is accomplished and it completes the dressing up of this beauty. The hat keeps things from being too messy. This machine might actually be too good to sit on the shelves of Wal-Mart ...

Two years have gone by and the blender still sits as shiny as ever on the kitchen counter. It still greets me with that smile and song as it beats, mixes, and stirs. The song he sings, tells of the good job it has done so far and still wants to do it for a long time to come. It is a keeper and makes the perfect gift for all who look at cost and durability.