The Top 10.....Best Film Sagas of all Time

Popular Products in Movies
HASH(0xc37dfac)  Reviews
From $29
The Bottom Line intersects my behind

Please enjoy my compilation of the best film franchises of all time. I highly recommend these to anyone who has not seen them yet, my deepest apologies to you Star Wars and Star Trek Fans for not getting on my top 10.

10. American Pie (1-3) - Call me immature but I like crude vulgar teen sex movies, especially this 3 part series with plenty of gags and dirty humor to please any fetish we might have. Jason Biggs, Eugene Levi and Sean William Scott as the incomparable Stifler and their escapades provide for a lot of wild times.

9. Rocky (1-5) - The American Classic that spawned 4 sequels. Rocky is the story of an underdog boxer who gains fame by closely battling the heavyweight champ in what he thought would be a pushover fight. Sly Stallone plays Rocky and the sequels have him fight bigger and meaner opponents, particularly the Russian Ivan Drago in Rocky IV. They have gotten weaker plot wise but still enjoyable throughout.

8. James Bond - 21 movies and going strong, starting in 1962 with Dr. No and to this day we have Bond Flicks. Awesome stunts, cheesy dialogue full of innuendos, lots of hot chicks and memorable villains highlight the series. The actors who have played Bond have deteriorated over the years, Sean Connery is still the best, closely followed by Roger Moore, distantly followed by Pierce Brosnan and Timothy Dalton. Where else can you say Pússy Galore without being arrested?

7. X-Men (1-2) - My favorite Marvel series, with part 2 exceeding the great part I, very interesting storyline and subplots, mutants with superpowers trying to coexist with humans while fighting evil mutants trying to destroy humans. How would you like that job? With Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman among others. Laden with dazzling visual effects and constant action, very enjoyable to experience.

6. Back to the Future (1-3) - Who doesn’t know Marty McFly? The great Robert Zemeckis directed this time travelling action adventure series from the 80s, 3 movies focusing on Michael J. Fox travelling back and forth in a time machine trying to fix the future and the past, with Christopher Lloyd and Thomas Wilson as the bully Biff Tannen, a really wacky and fun trilogy suitable for all ages.

5. Die Hard (1-3) - One of the best action movies ever in the original and collectively one of the top 3 action series ever. Bruce Willis plays New York cop John McClain, a maverick doing things his own way, battling foreign terrorist atop an L.A. skyscraper in the original, domestic terrorist on planes and the original terrorist’s brother in part 3, action packed and boasting some funny sarcastic comments from Willis, exciting and entertaining.

4. Indiana Jones (1-3) - Beginning in 1981 with Raiders of the Lost Arc, the best Adventure series ever directed by the incomparable Steven Spielberg, Starring Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, an archeology professor with an itch to find ancient artifact in the most dangerous places. Funny and exciting with tons of adventurous escapades and creepy crawlers, a must see.

3. The Godfather (1-3) - Mario Puzo’s novel had been transformed into a saga directed by Francis Ford Copolla. A fantastic tale of a crime family and their story of love, honor, respect and commitment to the family despite the evil deeds they perform. All star performances from Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Robert Duvall, Dianne Keaton and James Caan. Part I and II won for best picture, Part I is the highest rated film of all time on imdb.com. A landmark series that is still powerful to this day.

2. Terminator (1-3) - Governor Schwarzenegger’s most exciting sci-fi action trilogy, beautifully directed and really intense throughout, with breakthrough visual effects and interesting plot, about a robot from the future sent back in time to kill the mother of the future leader of the resistance forces of humans that will fight the machines in the future, later the terminator goes after the man himself. Perfect role for Schwarzenegger, emotionless and tough, but a little looser and humorous in parts 2 and 3, all 3 movies are a blast.

1. Lord of the Rings (1-3) - Hands down the best trilogy ever, encompassing great classic acting with adventure, intriguing story and tremendous battle sequences using CGI, 10 hours long and worth every minute of it, you’ll be glued to the screen in awe watching it. Part 3, Return of the King won the most oscars ever for a film in one year (tied with Ben Hur) and the first to sweep as many awards as it was nominated. Do no miss a minute.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts, please try and take the time to read some of my related topics...

Best Movies of 2003