Great Gas Cook top

Jul 27, 2008

Pros:BTU burner range, sleek style, beautiful knobs, continuous grates,

Cons:spatters on SS requires more maintenance than I like

The Bottom Line: This is a well designed, high performance gas cook top. I highly recommend it.

After a lot of research we settled on this cook top for our recent remodel. Other competitors in the running were Dacor, Viking and Wolfe. Ratings and personal recommendations swayed us to choose this one. It's been in about a month and I couldn't be happier. One of my main considerations in choosing a gas cook top was the BTU capacity on both ends of the spectrum. I frequently prepare foods that require very high heat but I also wanted to be able to simmer sauces without worrying about burning things. In my opinion, this cook top does both very well. The one 18K BTU burner delivers plenty of heat, enough to bring water to a boil quickly and keep it boiling. In fact, I've had to adjust this burner down to keep my water at a rolling boil. I do know our new natural gas line that was installed had to be matched properly for the total BTU capacity of this unit. I don't know if using LP gas makes a difference in performance in this cook top or not but for me, I'm very satisfied. The only negative I can think of has to do with cleaning the surface. I love to cook and as a result, food and oil get spattered on the stainless steel pan, edge trim and of course the grates. However, the sleek design, smooth performance of the knobs and continuous grates have more than made up for the cleaning. Friends say that stainless steel appliances look great when they're clean but do require a bit more maintenance.