Nice Lightweight Stroller, Unimpressive Tires

Jul 30, 2008

Pros:Convenient, lightweight, compact

Cons:Lacklaster tires, unbalanced with extra bags attached

The Bottom Line: Great for portability, but needs a better tire design and implementation.

We decided that at 5 months, our first child (son) needed a stroller that was packable and easier to take with us than the Kolcraft Jeep stroller that was given to us (though we do like this for other reasons too). Because we're new to parenting, we read countless reviews on what to look for within our budget and finally decided upon this stroller based on its potential for portability and general good reviews.
True to the reviews we'd read, the stroller has been a godsend as far as ease and portability. We own a Prius, so whatever baby gear we haul around needs to be compact when folded. This stroller definitely fits that bill. It also maneuvers really well on smooth surfaces such as mall/grocery store floors and bike paths.
There really are only two flaws for us with this stroller. First of all, the tires/wheels aren't very useful on rougher surfaces such as our subdivision road or gravel. I think we've gotten spoiled by the tires on our other stroller. In any case, for what we paid for this stroller (about $115), I had hoped for slightly more durable tires. Our son feels every bump where the sidewalk slabs meet, and while he doesn't complain, it must jar him a bit. The only other flaw we see with this stroller is that it does tend to tip when loaded with a purse or other weight exceeding a couple of pounds on the handles. If you're the type who doesn't carry a heavy purse (which I never did before our son), you probably won't even notice this. When I pick the little bean out of the stroller with mine on the handles, it tips backwards and falls over. Not a big deal...you can position it so it leans again something (like your car) when you take your child out. It's a minor issue.
All things considered, we're fairly happy with the stroller. I can't say we'd buy it again, but we would likely compare it to other similarly priced strollers before deciding if we had to do it over. I have noticed that the store we bought it from is now advertising it for $60 more than we paid for it back in February, so if you decide this one is for you, be sure to shop around. Some internet retailers offer free shipping!