Comments on Iron Man - Suiting up with Robert Downey, Jr." (21 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
Re: Re: Re: Re: Dreamy Robert
by kbolton72
Awe, it just brings out the mothering, nurturing side of us, that's all!!

Ogle away! :D
Aug 20, 2008
12:04 pm PDT

Re: Re: Re: Dreamy Robert
by millinocket, millinocket is a Lead on Epinions in Movies
Ohhhh, Love him! I know his personal life is probably a mess, but I can still ogle him from afar.......;)

Aug 19, 2008
10:37 pm PDT

Re: Re: Dreamy Robert
by kbolton72
Sue! I didn't know that you love Robbie D.J. too! :)

Have you seen him in "Heart and Souls"? OMG He has SUCH a little boy soul, and if I ever become a director someday....I'll tell ya.

I also loved him in "Chances Are". He has such passion and raw intensity, like in "Less Than Zero"..Girl, we need to talk! :P

Kimmie
Aug 18, 2008
10:53 am PDT

Re: Dreamy Robert
Jan,

It's first his eyes and then that cute smile. He has dimples, doesn't he?

Love those puppy dog eyes! I think the reason I like him so well is that he's funny - adorable and funny is a hard combination to beat!

I'll look forward to the DVD and bonus features.

Oh my gosh - I didn't even really think about DVD extras! Out-takes and bloopers and interviews! Yes, I'll be seeing the DVD......;)

Great write-up.

Thank you kindly!

11:17 pm PDT

Re: Shallow and Cheap?
Sheila,

You didn't see me gazing adoringly at RDJ from my theater seat.....;)

I truly think you'll like it. The balance is excellent and Downey is (in addition to being dreamy) perfect for this role. Casting genius. It isn't Shakespeare, but it sure is fun!

11:14 pm PDT

Re: Re: Re: Hi
Marie,

It was fun. I loved when he was working on the suit, talking to his robots and dealing with the...goofs. lol That one that kept wanting to use the fire extinguisher on him cracked me up.

The whole series of scenes with him working on the suit and only interacting with robots and computers is great. I loved the computer's commentary on his color choices.

Well yes, it would be best to watch Batman Begins first. With how much money The Dark Knight is still raking in, it should be in the theaters for a while, so you still have time. :) The Joker is so twisted..I loved it.

And if I wait long enough, I can probably catch it in the cheap theater!

11:10 pm PDT

Dreamy Robert
by jankp
It's first his eyes and then that cute smile. He has dimples, doesn't he? I'll look forward to the DVD and bonus features. Great write-up.

Jan
Aug 15, 2008
5:32 pm PDT

Shallow and Cheap?
by skbreese, skbreese is an Advisor on Epinions in Movies
You may be cheap (I am too), but you are not shallow, and this review proves it. Based on your review, I'll have to check this out, since I don't normally go for comic book movies either. Sheila
Aug 10, 2008
5:34 pm PDT

Re: Re: Hi
by dragonfire88, dragonfire88 is an Advisor on Epinions in Movies
It was so much fun! We both loved it and I'll happily see it again on DVD.

Actually, what I need to do do next is see Batman Begins. I know - pathetic. But I do have it in the house, waiting for a time when we can watch it with juniornocket. Hopefully that will be before the Dark Knight leaves the theaters. Teenagers these days....;)

Aug 10, 2008
5:34 pm PDT

Re: No comic book movie???
Sir Dave,

Welcome to the dark side, Mistress...... :)

Thank you - I like it here! Why does that not come as much of a surprise?

See? They're fun! And the most recent comic book movies have been so much better then the ones before them. They've been for more than just the comics fans.

Oh, this was great fun and leagues beyond the previous generation of comic book movies (yeah, I saw some of those). In fact, I should probably put Hulk on my Netflix queue. It's Edward Norton - how cool is that?

Sigh. Yet another media addiction......;)

9:46 pm PDT

Re: Dreamy?
Rick,

Saw Downey in the film where he played Charlie Chaplin - got an Oscar nod and everything...

I actually have not seen that film - but RDJ looked quite dapper at the Oscars.....

Now is Mrnocket a double for Downey? If so, this could explicate your adulation.

Hmmmm........not so much. He's far more dreamy, it's just that he's never in any movies so I can't coo over him like a thirteen year old girl.

If not... I never wrote the previous line.

I didn't mention his reaction to a very, very pretty Gwyneth Paltrow.....

At least your review didn't mistakenly end up in Pets as did my latest.

Well, I suppose the can does look just a little like cat food. Not that that excuses such a breech of listing etiquette, of course. Maybe Iron Man could have ended up in Clothing? That is one heck of a suit....

9:43 pm PDT

No comic book movie???
by hist
Welcome to the dark side, Mistress...... :)

Dave
8:46 am PDT

Dreamy?
by rkingfish

If not... I never wrote the previous line.

At least your review didn't mistakenly end up in Pets as did my latest.

Fido Kingfish
Taking umbrage with the database...
4:11 am PDT

Re: .....
C,

... Stunned!! Absolutely stunned!! Not from the fact that you saw a comic book movie. Not even the fact that you submitted another late entry (but I love it). No, this is is from the fact that we are tied again. Curses! I need to go see another movie. :)

I know, I know. I'm shocking in many, many ways - not the least of which is my ability to leave my home on occasion and get my butt to a (admittedly cheap) theater. I am going to have to dilute all this comic book fun with some good old depressing drama, though....;)

11:21 pm PDT

Re: Hi
Marie,

It was so much fun! We both loved it and I'll happily see it again on DVD.

Now you need to catch The Dark Knight. :)

11:17 pm PDT

Re: Now if
Barb,

I could get someone to go with me I would go see this...I just might have to wait for it on DVD. but will definitely see it, I Promise.

I lucked out and got to see it in the theater - I was completely set to wait for DVD. Either way, I think you'll really like it!

Great write-up, as always I enjoyed reading your perspective on this film and on Downy...;)

Thank you kindly! And oh, I do love RDJ. Yummm.....;)

11:14 pm PDT

Re: ------------------------
Jack,

But Studmuffin Sommersby is dreamier, right?

Well, of course. That's just assumed...
11:12 pm PDT

.....
by elvisdo

~C
8:50 pm PDT

Hi
by dragonfire88, dragonfire88 is an Advisor on Epinions in Movies
I loved this movie - I saw it twice in the theater and am looking forward to getting the DVD. This was just a cool, fun movie. I'm glad you got to see it and that you liked it.
Now you need to catch The Dark Knight. :)
7:57 pm PDT

10:50 am PDT

------------------------
by jsommersby
I think Robert Downey, Jr. is dreamy

But Studmuffin Sommersby is dreamier, right?
10:27 am PDT