If you like the taste of Plastic

Aug 20, 2008

Pros:Programmable brew, automatic shut off

Cons:Tastes like plastic all the time!

The Bottom Line: Don't purchase this coffee maker because it tastes like plastic!

However, if you are ambitious and want to try a new flavor of coffee like hazelnut plastic, or mocha plastic this is the coffee maker for you! I received this coffee maker for Christmas 2007 and shortly there after the coffee began tasting like plastic. It smelled so bad. In March I called Hamilton Beach and they told me to send it back in. A few weeks later I received a new one, but the same model. Unfortunately my coffee still has a very plasticy taste and smell. I was very disappointed because when I called Hamilton Beach the first time they said that it was a common problem yet they sent the same model and obviously the problem wasn't fixed. As a nursing student I know that drinking plastic is not healthy. I would stay away from spending money on this model. What I did enjoy about this coffee maker was that it did not take up a lot of room and cleaned easily. This was the first coffee maker that I owned that had the automatic shut off which I thoroughly enjoyed because I never had to think twice about if I had left my coffee maker on. I also enjoyed having the automatic programmable brew. This made getting up in the morning a lot more enjoyable and less hectic. Unfortunately it always tasted like plastic and made me sick.