Shark Steam Mop

Aug 24, 2008

Pros:Quick heat-up time, cleans well. Light weight.

Cons:Flimsy cord storage hooks.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this product. It's very easy to use and is a good value for the average home.

First of all, Epinions' descriptive title for this product is incorrect. It is NOT A VACUUM - it is a STEAM MOP. There is no vacuum feature on this model. That said, I believe this product delivers on what is promised. You still need to sweep a hard surface floor prior to using this mop - that's just common sense. Otherwise you will just push loose items around on the floor when using it - remember - it is not a vacuum. This mop heated up quickly and was ready to use within a minute of plugging it in to a wall. It removed scuff marks from my rough surfaced porcelain tiled floor very easily. It did not puddle when used for an extensive period of time and worked very well on the vinyl floor in my bathroom. the only area I was unable to clean was behind the water closet - a very narrow space in my bathroom. The only thing I believe could be improved is the cord storage hooks. They are very flimsy plastic and bend when the cord is wrapped for storage. I think they will eventually break. All in all, for the price, I think this is a great little product!