Kichenaid Submersion Blender KHB100

Oct 1, 2008

Pros:Blends and purees with ease. General surface cleaning was easy. Ergonomics were great.

Cons:Durability is low. It cannot be fixed if drive shaft fails.

The Bottom Line: Do not buy.

I purchased the KHB100 blender in July of 2004. It performed admirably for making homemade mayonnaise and aioli. I used it for pureeing homemade smoked tomato soup and smoked tomato sauce which with the variable speed was not a problem. It was not used for any course chopping or for ice crushing. I really enjoyed the machine but overall used it for only about 3 hours total to September of 2008. Generally it was easy to superficially clean but had a plastic shield above the blade inside of the stainless steel bell housing that was not a tight fit and food particles would get in behind that plastic shield and they were difficult if not impossible to get out without a major amount of effort. The motor was powerful, the ergonomics very good and overall I rated the machine very highly until it ceased to work this September when the plastic shield above the blade came loose and was chopped badly. On enquiry to the local Kitchenaid repair centre, I was told that Whirlpool does not supply the blender shaft assembly and parts are not available to fix it - it is a throw away when it fails - including the motor.