Great looking dryer. Works even better!

Nov 20, 2008

Pros:Quiet and efficient, gets your clothes dry quick.

Cons:None at this time.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this to any one looking for an affordable energy saving dryer.

I purchased this dryer along with the GLTF2040FS on Nov. 2, 2008, which I have also reviewed.

I have a family of 6 including myself.  Kids are 13, 12, 6 and 3 years old.  So there are a lot of loads of clothes to wash every week.  Since I rarely personally do the laundry, I'll estimate it to be about 15 to 20 loads a week by the amount of detergent I usually buy.

To get to the point I was getting fed up with how outrageous my electrical and water bill was.  Estimated water usage was 450 gallons and 45 kw of electicity daily.

I finally decided to start updating my appliances to more energy efficient ones to see if it made a big difference.

This dryer has a lot more settings than my old dryer.  For delicates, towels, jeans, etc.  The best thing about it though is that it senses when your clothes are dry and stops.

The hard facts:  I just received my electrical/water bill on Nov 17.  To my relief, It was about 30% lower than usual.  That might not sound like a whole lot but $232 is a lot better than $313 (last months)
My electrical usage went from 1500 Kwh(avg) to 1111 kwh.  This is partly because the dryer automatically senses when your clothes are dry and shuts off, versus my wife setting the old dryer from 30 to 45 minutes.  At this rate it will pay for itself in less than a year.

I can't wait to see my next bill which would have a more accurate indication of my monthly energy savings.

Next up I will be installing a tankless water heater.