Comments on Marley & Me (Aniston/Wilson) : The world's worst dog made me laugh, then cry." (9 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
Re: Great review
Thanks, Sue.

Many people left the theater as soon as Marley started showing his age. I think, especially if you have little kids, that it's not a bad option.

Mona
Dec 31, 2008
6:18 am PST

Great review
by elzora
Wonderful writing Mona! I finished reading the book a month ago, and cried at the end. I want to see the movie, but I don't want to go through that again! Some of the one timer lines in the book totally cracked me up, like when John refers to Marley as "Clearance Dog"! Nice review, really nice.

Sue

Dec 29, 2008
11:59 am PST

as a south
by ifif1938
Floridian, I will have to see this one...Thanks Mona, I didn't know about the locale and would have passed on this...I just might wait though till it's on DVD........:)

Happy a Happy, Healthy and safe New Year.
B
Dec 29, 2008
10:02 am PST

Re: hey there...
by ladyconsumer, ladyconsumer is a Lead on Epinions in Movies
Thanks, Sleepy, I really appreciate that.

Can't believe it's been out for two days, and I'm still the only review - I thought for sure everyone was going to run out and see this one right away.

Perhaps only South Floridian dog-lovers did that on Christmas day. I'll bet by the end of the weekend, there will be a bunch more.
5:42 pm PST

hey there...
by sleeper54
...

To heck with the 'firsty' review.

You have written the first 'most helpful' review of this film. Now ya have to wait for a few more to come down the river to see if it stays the 'most helpful'.

Seriously, very nicely done.

...tom...
4:26 pm PST

First!
by dianapinions

Looks like you've written the first review of this one. Too bad they don't have the Firsty Contests anymore.

d.
3:18 pm PST

Re: Good for kids?
by ladyconsumer, ladyconsumer is a Lead on Epinions in Movies
I think, if the kids love dogs, then they'll enjoy the first three-quarters of the movie. You might want to take them out, at that point. Email me, if you want more explicit details about the ending - I'll describe it for you fully, so you'll know what to expect.

Mona
LadyConsumer@aol.com

10:29 am PST

Good for kids?
by Bryan_Carey
Question is, can two very young girls sit through Marley and Me and remain entertained? I was going to take my little ones to see this, but I'm afraid it won't be captivating enough to a two and a three year old to keep them quiet.
9:41 am PST