I'd say 9 out of 10

Jan 5, 2009 (Updated Jan 5, 2009)

Pros:Washes, rinses and spins really well. My clothes are practically dry afterward.

Cons:A bit noisy, and the lint filter is not that easy to use at first.

The Bottom Line: I highly recommend the HLP21E for anyone who can't have a regular washer. I am so relieved to not have to make any more visits to the laundromat.

I'd give it a 10 out of 10 if it was a little quieter. Don't get me wrong, it isn't really loud, but since I live in the upper floor apartment, I am sensitive to my downstairs neighbors. I've lived in a bottom flat before and it is no picnic. There is some vibration when the HLP21E agitates that I'm pretty sure would be audible from downstairs, and that is accompanied by a repetitious sound of the motor gyrating my clothes back and forth. I was a little disappointed by that but I suppose it has to make some noise so maybe my expectations were somewhat unreasonable.  But it cleans clothes like nobody's business and the whole cycle is pretty short, like 20 minutes, so I make sure to wash clothes mid-day so as to minimize any offense. I have it hooked up to my small bathroom sink which works just fine. I don't know the technical term, but it has a neat, easy to use hose attachment gadget that pops on and off the faucet with ease. One other thing I guess I am not so crazy about, the filter to catch lint. It pops into the inside of the washer but it pretty hard to get in and out. I bruised my thumb trying to get it in and out. It has gotten easier after getting used to it though. I bought a spin dryer at the same time, from a different company, and wish I had waited since the HLP21E spins the clothes nearly dry. One other thing, my Mom suggested adding some white vinegar to the final rinse to help remove detergent residue from the clothes which helps them dry softer for clothes that hang dry. I tried it and it helped a lot. Like 1/3 cup white vinegar.