Western Digital Style

Jan 17, 2009
Rated Show

Purchased this drive wanting a decent price on a ton of storage and a reliable name.  So far after 6 months of using the drive  it has some strengths and weaknesses.  This drive is very quiet and compact allowing it to stand vertically or horzontally.  Installing the cables to my PC was very easy as well and it starts automatically with everything else.  The drive is quick and I currently use it to back up music for ITunes and pictures.  Unfornately installation was not seemless.  Ran into a snag with the initial installation and had to call Western Digital's customer support.  After a 10 minute conversation with customer service my drive was up and running.  Customer service was friendly, helpful and patient.  Only other issue I have with the drive is that it delays the intial start up time of my computer by about 30 seconds.  This is unavoidable but something to consider, so far on only one occasion the drive did not start up with the rest of the components.  Comes with additional eSata input and cable.