HP 2055DN Laserjet - ok not HP's Best

Feb 8, 2009
Rated Show

We run a small home office business and have had a series of HP Laserjet printers over many years (3P, 4+, 2420d).  The 2055DN was purchased as a replacement for the HP 2420d. Print volumes vary but are currently less than 5,000 sheets / month. The rational for purchasing the printer was speed, price and ready availability of supplies (toner cartridges).  We have a small mixed network (XP, Vista & MAC OS X) and have had no issues with connectivity.  The printer is quick to warm up and is quite fast.  Reviews I read prior to purchase commented on the printer being noisier than prior models, which I would agree but we do not find it so objectionable that it would influence our decision if we had to make it again.  The HP 2055DN does have difficulty printing on even mildly textured paper and envelopes; the toner flakes off.  Paper handling has been fine (various weights) but the print flaking off or spotting other parts of documents has been very disappointing. The textures to which I am referring (cross hatch etc) is that commonly found on business stationary not the heavier texture found on wedding invitations.