Mesmerizing!

Feb 23, 2009

Pros:Colorful
Comfortable
Soft
Fun
Easy to assemble
Vibrating feature

Cons:Price
Can't really use it for very long, doesn't grow with your child.

The Bottom Line: I love the rain forest theme, and recommend this to all parents seeking some peace!

I got the Fisher Price Rain forest Bouncer as a gift. At first I was very against bright/over stimulating colors, but this little bouncer changed all of that. I learned my lesson the hard way that not all babies love soft, neutral colored toys to match your personal home decor.  LOL.  I think we started using the bouncer when our son was about two or three months old.  He LOVED staring at the blue waterfall and I do have to admit it was very peaceful.  He was amazed at the little parrot and monkey that would move when he knocked his hand against them.  The material of the bouncer is very soft, with a fleece lining in the spot where the baby lays.  There are a few different settings for the bouncer. One is to leave it on continuously, another is movement activated (builds on cause and effect concept) and the other is volume settings.  The assembly of the bouncer was very easy and self explanatory.  The bar does come off and the bouncer becomes just a plain bouncer.  The bouncer does have a nice and comfortable safety belt and the vibrating feature (two levels).  I have read reviews in the past where people have complained about the monkey/frog making an annoying clicking sound, but that didn't happen to us.  Battery life is pretty good if you buy decent batteries. In the 3-4 months that we used the bouncer I didn't have to change the batteries, but I did notice that they are running low.  As far as the price is concerned I would shop around on line or buy it used on craigslist/eBay.  The cover does come off to be washed.