The Knowing Me, Knowing You Write-Off Survey

Jan 5, 2006 (Updated Feb 14, 2006)

Popular Products in Fragrance
The Bottom Line Knowing Me or Knowing You Write-Off - a great way to get to know more people on the site.

I found this write-off topic when I stumbled onto cascogirl's entry in a write off hosted by brett_day.

It's another getting to know you survey, the fifth one I've participated in here at Epinions. I know it seems like this is all I do lately, and I am working on a number of reviews, they are just taking longer to finish than I anticipated and I feel I should keep posting stuff, just to keep up with the targets I set, which are posted at the bottom of my Epinions profile page.

1. What is your First name?

Steven

2. Were you named after anyone?

No, not that I know of.

3. Do you wish on stars?

I don't know if I've ever wished on stars. I've never actually seen a shooting star. When I was younger I once looked up at the moon and dreamed about a girl I was crushing on at the time. Part of me was wondering and hoping that she might be also looking up at the moon, perhaps thinking about me.

4. When did you last cry?

In mid-December, 2005.

5. Do you like your handwriting?

I print mostly when I write with a pen or pencil. I seldom handwrite anymore, probably because I suck. I don't even like the look of my own signature.

6. What is your favorite meat?

Meat kinda makes me sick. I don't like handling raw meat, even though I can cook. I do eat meat though. I love chicken (cooked any way), BBQ ribs (not hickory or smoked BBQ sauce though), steak and roast beef (both medium-rare), the roast beef with good old fashioned yorkshire pudding. But in a strange sort of parallel to the central Atwood character from The Robber Bride, when I think about meat I see blood and it makes me ill.

7. What is your birth date?

Wow. This is getting a little personal.

April 15, 1977. God, I'm old.

8. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?

9. Do you have a journal?

I maintain a blog and I've been doing a lot of personal writing lately, a sort of memoir / personal braided essay.

10. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

I dunno. What do you think?

11. What are your nicknames?

A$$$$$hole. Mother Fracker. D1ckhead. Idiot. Mouthpiece. Oh wait, those are the names people call me.

just kidding...

Nicknames: Steve-O, Stevie, Steverino, Hanju (my middle name, the name of my Father).

12. Would you bungee jump?

I so would love to bungee jump someday! I'm also interested in skydiving.

13. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

No. I even use a shoehorn to put those tied shoes back on.

14. Do you think that you are strong?

People say I can be very strong, especially emotionally in stressful situations. Even though I can wear the appearance of being strong, I can be very scared inside. I'm also fairly physically strong, although I could always be in better shape.

15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Vanilla. Strawberry.

16. What is your Shoe Size?

10 1/2.

17. Which is your favorite: red or pink?

Both colours are just fine, but I've always been a bit of a blue man.

18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?

My mini beer gut. I need to get into shape.

19. What do you miss most about being a child?

Part of me has never grown up. I'll always be a child. I still play with lego. I still love just hanging out by myself, going for a bike ride, going for a long walk, fantasizing and dreaming about what the future holds.

20. Do you want everyone who reads this, to reply with their own answers?

You bet. Everyone should do this set of questions, right away, without delay.

21. What color pants and shoes are you wearing right now?

Dark grey pj bottoms, a dark grey Kwantlen University College t-shirt.

22. What CD are you currently listening to?

I'm not currently listening to anything, I actually have a DVD playing right now, featuring a tv-show called Nowhere Man, which I'm writing a review on.

23. What is Last thing you ate?

Macaroni and cheese for dinner and a organic chocolate chip cookie.

24. If you were a crayon, what color would you be, and why?

I dunno. I've never thought about it that way before. A light sky blue, mostly because I love that colour.

25. What is the weather like right now?

Raining in Vancouver. What a surprise, surprise, surprise.

Speaking of Vancouver, Vancouver is British Columbia, which is in the great, proud nation of Canada... go do my DO YOU KNOW CANADA QUIZ write off...

26. Last person you talked to on the phone?

My amazingly great and kind girlfriend, Christine.

27. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?

Eyes. Face, smile. Hair colour. Body type, breasts. I soak in the full view to get the full experience.

28. Current Favorite Drink?
Hot - I always like tea. Cool drink - fruitopia

29. What is your Favorite Sport?

I don't really have time for sports. I guess foosball, although I totally SUCK at it. I do bike ride a lot and do a lot of walking.

30. What color is your Hair?

It's dirty blonde.

31. What color are your eyes?

Baby blue.

32. Do you wear contacts?

No, I wear glasses. That's right, that's me, good ol' four eyes.

33. What is your Favorite Ethnic Food?

Chinese - dim sum, potstickers (gioza), won-ton soup, beef 'n brocoli, chicken chow-mein, sometimes sweet 'n sour pork (but that's getting to be a bit too white for my taste), chicken with spicy black pepper sauce. Hon's Won-Ton House in Vancouver, as well as The Ridge Chinese Food Restaurant, also in Vancouver, serve up great Chinese food.

34. Last Movie You Watched?

Recently watched Memoirs of a Giesha, Brokeback Mountain and King Kong. Also revisited the wonderful Wedding Crashers on DVD this week.

35. What is your Favorite Day Of The Year?

I dunno. I never really thought about it that way.

36. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings?

Just as long as it's a good story with dynamic characters caught up in a relatively interesting situation.

37. Which is your favorite, Summer or Winter?

I don't always appreciate the heat of the summer and sometimes it's just too darn cold in the winter. The fall and spring are more temperate times of the year and more agreeable toward my overall demeanour.

38. Which do you prefer, Hugs OR Kisses?

A long considerate Hugz will do me just fine anyday.

39. What Is Your Favorite Dessert?

Given the issue with my tummy being a bit round and perhaps a bit overweight, which I've mentioned above, I've been trying to avoid desserts.

40. What books are you currently reading?

Re-reading a million little pieces by James Frey as I analyze it for a review I'm working on. I've almost finished Frey's newest work, my friend Leonard and I'm working on Atwood's Alias Grace. I'm also reading a number of books on creative writing and on business.

41. What's On Your Mouse Pad?

Nothing mainly because I don't have a pad. My mouse is a wireless optical mouse, thus I have no need for a mouse pad of any kind.

42. What Did You Watch Last night on TV?

Some news, not much else. I went to the movie theatre to see Memoirs of a Giesha (I sure hope I spelt Giesha right. I have a feeling I spelt it, and many other words in this article wrong. For that, I'm sorry).

So today I've been watching mainly the first few episodes of the 1996 television series Nowhere Man starring Bruce Greenwood.

43. What are your favorite smells?

The smell of the girl I'm crushing on right now. I love the smell of freshly baked goods, of fresh spring air.

44. What are your favorite sounds?

Can I talk about that here? Maybe that's a bit too adult ;)

Just kidding. Hmmm. I never really thought about it that way before. I love the peaceful call of the loon, as the sun sets or rises, on some lonely lake in the middle of nowhere.

45. Which is your favorite The Rolling Stones or The Beatles?

Depends. I guess I like The Rolling Stones more.

46. What's the furthest you've been from home?

One time I woke up, the atmosphere was very thin, the sky, very dark. I stood and all round me the dirt was grey, sandy and ominous. I looked up towards the horizon and the big blue aw-inspiring sight of the Earth in all its sunlit glory lay before me. My eyes grew wide at the sight, my heart skipped a beat, so beautiful was this view, a view of perfect harmony. So subtle, so charming, so peaceful. I smile a bit, and quickly come to the realization that there is no air and that I'm going to die, out here, alone, lost on the moon.

Read More About Me...

Steve's responses to his: DO YOU KNOW CANADA QUIZ Write Off... (New!)

Bon-Appetite: My Entry in the Food-Lover's Write Off (New!)

What Lies Within: A Memoir (New!)

The Weight is Over: I'm going to look and feel great this year!

On my involvement in 2 Non-Profit Organizations

My thoughts on writing utensils...

WHICH WEATHER CAN YOU WEATHER?

1994: When I was 17...

All About Me...

And, if you haven't already done so, please participate in my DO YOU KNOW CANADA QUIZ write off...

Member: Steven Lee
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
About Me: Participate in my DO YOU KNOW CANADA QUIZ Write-Off!!!!