Some oddities about this microwave

May 4, 2009

Pros:Control options

Cons:glass door fogs, cooling feature is a nuisance

The Bottom Line: Good control options are offset by the tendancy of the door to fog and the unit to go into cool-down mode.

First off, I have to say that this microwave came with my new house and I did not have many options regarding the choice of model.  Prior to this, I had never owned a builtin unit so some of the oddities may be attributed to this.  My particular model was mated to the oven with a common control panel.

First complaint: the door tends to fog up really easily.  Sometimes it can take quite a while to dissapate.  Quite a few of my guests have commented on it, thinking that my new house had a defective appliance!  As I said before, I have never had a microwave that would do this.

As noted in another review, the microwave does a have a cool down feature.  I think it is because it is a built in but this is a new occurance for me too.  It is kinda odd to hear the thing running after your food is cooked; sometimes I think it is still cooking and just leave the food in there getting cold!

Several things I do like: once you get used to them, the controls work really well.  I do like the softening options (great for ice cream and natural peanut butter).  It is nice to have a turntable but that does tend to decrease the usable height of the interior.