its fun and green

May 6, 2009

Pros:Fun, good moral, educational

Cons:none.

The Bottom Line: Its a good movie for kids on recycling

The movie is 47 minutes in length and does not keep a toddlers attention as long as most, but each watch I see my 2 and a half year old paying attention to different things as we point them out. There are not many recycling movies out there for kids and for once this video does not use many old clips to fill the 47 minutes. It seems to be all new material.

My son loves abby and so does my daughter so they are very excited when she is on through out different parts of the video. The guest star is Paul Rudd who plays the earth and is pretty entertaining to the kids. Rositta, Telly, and cookie are in a telethon in the background. Their job is for callers to pledge things they are going to do to save the earth. This totally goes over the kids head, but my kids like to imitate cookie when he tries to eat the phone.

Abby turns Elmo green when she misunderstands what Elmo was saying about wanting to be more green, thinking like most toddlers literally. Than she forgets how to change him back when she understands what he meant. It fun for the kids to see him green and than in the end abby calls her mother who reminds he to say a rhyme and he turns back red. I would have liked to have seen more songs, but it overall is educational and has a great moral about conserving, reusing, and recycling.