Comments on Cavity Prone Teeth? These Tips are for YOU!" (11 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
Re: These...
by chelledun
You're welcome! Its a great W/O idea. I'm hoping to find another category I can write some advice in which wouldn't have to be posted in the writer's corner.

5:18 am PDT

Re: sealants
by chelledun
Oh, I did my time there too...two sets of braces and two different retainers!

I think I've spent months of my life sitting in a chair having someone poke around my mouth. I'm actually headed to the dentist today!
5:18 am PDT

Re: I never had a cavity
by chelledun
Well that is certainly NOT good news as we are considering a baby, lol. I will have a cavity in every single tooth!!!

5:16 am PDT

These...
by mmcphee
are some great tips! Thanks for the entry.
Apr 6, 2006
3:02 am PDT

sealants
by pilarzmom
nowadays dentist often recommends sealants to kids when their first molars comes in (about age 6). I decided against them for my kids because I'm hoping my good genetics come into play. I never had a cavity until my dentist discovered one under my sealants that I got when I was about 23. They generally don't recommend them to adults I now found out and I wish I never got them, as they created problems for me.

Good piece. I got lucky but I did do my time in the orthodontist's chair!

Peggy
4:28 pm PDT

I never had a cavity
by joyfulgirl91
until I got pregnant - and then I got five all at once. I was so disappointed. I think it has a lot to do with genetics.

Jessica
9:13 am PDT

Re: Re: Your teeth look good to me.
by popsrocks
"knocks on wood?" That's what George Washington did when he tapped his teeth.

Phil
7:53 am PDT

Good job on these tips
by ladyconsumer
I'm one of the VERY lucky ones... I've only had one cavity! Of course, I have the best dentist in the world. (My wonderful brother-in-law... Peter, if you read this, you're welcome!)

Mona
5:45 am PDT

Re: Your teeth look good to me.
Thanks Phil!

I've been "lucky", I guess. Despite having about 6 crowns, 50 fillings, and a false tooth implant, my front teeth are relatively unaffective. That means fortunately my dental work hasn't much affected my smile, at least not yet! (knocks on wood :))

6:03 pm PDT

Re: Great advice
by chelledun
Thanks for your nice comment. Yes, sensitive teeth are the PITS! I find whitening toothpaste to be the worst!

6:02 pm PDT

Your teeth look good to me.
by popsrocks