Awesome

May 27, 2009 (Updated May 27, 2009)

Pros:Great shade, long handlebars, looks cool, extra accessories and replacement parts available...

Cons:Expensive.

The Bottom Line: This is a terrific stroller if you can shell out $500 for it. Totally recomended!

It has been painful parting from $500 for a stroller, but now I'm glad I did it!

We had bought this stroller for two main reasons: incredibly generous canopy and high handlebars. Most other strollers, especially lightweight ones, have lousy canopy and short handlebar so your child is usually not protected from sun at all and you have to slouch to be able to hold the stroller.

However, I came to love this stroller for a number of additional reasons:

- Maneuvers really well. Each wheel has independant suspension which makes for a very smooth ride (for both parent and child).

- Four backrest positions. I used to think that "infinite" is better than four. But I realized that four positions is plenty. The more important thing is that the locking mechanism is solid and reliable. My old and beloved Peg Perego Aria (see my review at http://www.epinions.com/review/Peg_Perego_Aria_Black_Sable_Stroller/content_190274834052 ) had a pull string with infinite number of positions, and the lock broke off after less than a year. I replaced the lock with a keychain hook so I was able to use my old Aria for a good number of years after that, but the locking mechanism on my new Bee is a lot sturdier and I don't miss having to use Aria's pullstring any longer.

- You can get a number of good and realtively inexpensive accessories. I love the cup holder - it's very sturdy and holds a cup tightly. I also like the complete see-through sunshade which comes in really handy when your child is asleep. Both the cupholder and the full shade were only $25 each!

- Large basket, easily reachable when the seat is in reclined position. This is often impossible with other strollers.

- Previously mentioned large sun-shade is great.

- Adjustable handle bars which can extend to accomodate tall people. No more slouching to reach the handles!

- The stroller looks really sharp! I love the color (yellow), although it tends to show dirt.

Now the cons:

- Price! At $529, this stroller is really expensive!

- I bought the stroller in yellow. Although I love the color, it shows dirt. Good thing - it washes very well. Still, if I were buying again, I would have probably picked a more muted color, like blue or black. I found a replacement see-though sunshade in silver color for $40 on amazon, but I think it won't provide much sunprotection. I might get it if my yellow shade gets dirty beyond washing.

A couple of other important notes:

- This stroller weights 17lb. You can get lighter strollers (my old and faithfull Peg Perego Aria was only 9lb. But, at 17lb, this stroller is still pretty light. You know what I mean when you compare it to 45lb monster-stollers out there! And it still has all the features and functionality of the strollers in heavy-weight category.

- Bee can accomodate newborns, but it also 'grows' with your baby. The seat adapts to length of child, so it means that this can be the only stroller you will need! This fact makes it easier to digest the price tag.