Acer Aces this 17" monitor

May 28, 2009 (Updated Jun 14, 2009)

Pros:Color, size, weight, contrast ratio, quality, and price.

Cons:NO DVI or HDMI.

The Bottom Line: Reccommend to any one wanting a low cost high quailty VGA monitor.

I've been using one of these for one of my personal computer at home. It's been a couple of months and I am super glad I got it. Works like a charm this 1280 by 1024 res flat panel LCD is a great buy. It's priced cheaply at most online stores and it's pretty light weight. Around 8lbs. It comes with a cd and a warranty paper as well as a booklet detailing it's specs and basic info. The cd will contain a User's Manual, Quick start guide & a version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.

It has a simple six button layout on the bottom front with a blue led light for the power indicator. Also it will come with a VGA cable and power cable. The acer logo greets you when you turn it on and it has simple easy to use buttons for controlling brightness, contrast, an such. A image will appear on the screen if the monitor is not receiving a signal. That way you know if it's disconnected or the computer has turned off. I didn't even need the CD or booklet myself. If you have Windows XP or Vista it should be able to detect the monitor fine and supply a proper driver with ease. I would have to say this is a great monitor if you want a cheap in price but great in quality monitor.

It has a tilt a low power consumption and a great contrast ratio. Only thing I must point out is that it has no DVI or HDMI connection. So if you want to hook it up to a HD TV it's not gonna happen without a adapter. Same goes if your Video card only has HDMI or DVI connectors. It's got a 5ms response time which is very good. I've had absolutely no problem with it & don't see any problems likly to happen. Comes with warranty of three years.