Whirlpool Cabrio Washer WTW6600S

Whirlpool Cabrio Washer WTW6600S

ratings (54 Epinions reviews)

High Efficiency is a joke

Jun 1, 2009 (Updated Jun 1, 2009)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:There is absolutely nothing positive about this product.

Cons:No soaking, lid locks, not filling up with water, temp of water too cold

The Bottom Line: Stay away from high efficient machines.  Don't waste your money.  High efficiency is a hoax as far as appliances go.  Tell me how washing a load 3-4 times is efficient?

The Whirlpool Cabrio Washer is the worse appliance purchase I have ever made.  I thought it was broken, so I called for a repair man.  He came and told me that it was running fine!  He explained that the government regulates the amount of water and the temperature of the water and there is no way to adjust it.  He also told me that customers are begging him to do something to fix the machines and there is nothing that he can do.

The lid locks - so you can't add water.  The machine only fills up about 1/4 of the way with water.  You might as well be washing them in a thimble!  Clothes do not come clean and they stink!!!  When I use fabric softener, it does not come out of the clothes and has even stained a few of my clothes.  The soak cycle consists of a few drops of water trickling on the clothes and then they spin for fifteen minutes.  Where is the soaking?  There is none!

Global warming is a hoax and the fact that our government is getting away with regulating these products into inefficiency is a sorry statement of where our country is headed.