Love my new machine

Jun 7, 2009

Pros:Quiet operation
Minimal water usage
Numerous options for washing clothes

Cons:I have yet to find any cons to my machines

The Bottom Line: If you are looking to buy a front loader, buy this one!

I have been a faithful Maytag owner for the last 34 years, in that time I have only had two washing machines.  Needless to say, I have not needed to purchase a new machine very often.  When the time came to replace my 1987 machine (still running, needed a new dryer),  I decided to buy a new pair.  The decision to purchase the new front loading machines was one I contemplated for about a month.  I had a hard time going away from my favorite brand, but times have changed and so had my favorite brand.  After much research and investigating, I am thoroughly pleased with my decision to purchase this washing machine.  I LOVE IT!!  I purchased my machine in May and have been using it for a month.  I couldn't be happier.  My clothes smell fresh, they look and feel very clean.  I was concerned about clothing coming out in knots.  This has proven to be unfounded.  I have not yet had sheets, rugs, jeans, towels, large loads, or small loads come out tangled.  On the contrary, they are lying loosely in the tub.  There is minimal vibration from my machine.  The only time I have experienced excessive vibration was when I had a mixed load of blankets.  Even what I would call excessive vibration was not "a walk across the room" as my old Maytag would do.  This machine is so quiet I can hardly hear it running.  My laundry room is on my main floor and in a separate room off the great room and kitchen. I can leave the door to my laundry room open and you would never know that I am doing a load of wash.  I purchased the pedestal and my machines sit on a ceramic tile floor over a wood subfloor.   I highly recommend this machine.  I will update my review if anything changes.