Heats your whole kitchen - do not buy!

Jun 16, 2009

Pros:Pros...well, I guess you could say it "looks" good.

Cons:Slow to preheat, loud, cooks the cooker, heats the kitchen.

The Bottom Line: I would not buy it based on the fact that the amount of heat this oven puts out - not inside the oven - makes it NOT user friendly.

We just remodeled our kitchen and istalled the KEBS107SSS - single wall convection oven.  It is rated for under counter placement and that is where ours is located.  We have a cooktop over it.  This oven has a fan that vents directly in the front just below the touch controls.  I called Kitchen Aid because I thought there was something wrong with it since it blew hot air - not warm - hot air out the vent.  I literally could stand across the kitchen and feel the heat.  It eventually heated my whole kitchen.  Imagine what it is like trying to stand in front of it and cook on the stove!  Kitchen Aid told us that was normal??? I tried using it again at 450 degrees and literally couldn't stand in front of it.  Even though Kitchen Aid was very quick to get service for us - the next day - the service tech said they have been having complaints about that feature and he basically said that blowing hot air was normal.  Well, in all my years, I have never owned an oven that did that!  I called Kitchen Aid and told them they had a design flaw problem on their hands and I would be returning the oven to them.   Now the problem of finding an oven that fits opening of the custom cabinet made for it.........